Drilled through cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi for some reason my ceiling had 3/4 chipboard then plasterboard sheeted on it so had to drill through it and found someone had sandwiched this between them, excuse the repair it’s all I had to get the power back on. Now how do I repair this ?
CAC756D2-217C-4B50-A8DD-82CB40F6D271.jpeg

Sponsored Links
  • Junction box or replace cable if possible. (im not a sparks) label it to

Chipboard is from plasterboard shortages back in the 60s/70s maybe and been boarded over..

• Junction box or replace cable if possible. (im not a sparks) label it to
Chipboard is from plasterboard shortages back in the 60s/70s maybe and been boarded over..
Ex council house and your possibly correct as in the 80’s they came in and strapped and sheeted the walls, so assume they did the ceiling as well. This was well before I moved in and bought it

Sponsored Links
A better proposition would be to run a new length of cable . Will you have access from above if you use a junction box ?

A better proposition would be to run a new length of cable . Will you have access from above if you use a junction box ?
Thanks will see if I can trace it further back into the attic or at the other end see where it’s off to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back