Drone defence system - who's owning up to building it?

I know people who have been wrongfully arrested by Sussex Police and even offered a caution for an offence they have not confessed to, so I'd be the first to make the case they are sloppy. However the fact they didn't follow up an alibi doesn't mean they dropped the ball. They did release them without charge. The bigger issue, would be how the press were tipped off on the arrest and why they took 36 hours before releasing him. Additionally they should have considered de-arresting them when it was clear they were not involved.

Sponsored Links
I know people who have been wrongfully arrested by Sussex Police and even offered a caution for an offence they have not confessed to, so I'd be the first to make the case they are sloppy. However the fact they didn't follow up an alibi doesn't mean they dropped the ball. They did release them without charge. The bigger issue, would be how the press were tipped off on the arrest and why they took 36 hours before releasing him. Additionally they should have considered de-arresting them when it was clear they were not involved.

I would be more interested in how they came to suspect these two? Did they just trawl fb for drone hobbyists who live nearby?

As far as I know there is no description of possible suspects so how did they come to investigate these two?

When an electrician sitting on a tube train is repeatedly shot in the head, grounds can easily be made up.

Perhaps this toy helicopter enthusiast looks a bit foreign, or owns a big coat.

Sponsored Links
I once lived in Crawley and worked by the bells, then in Three Bridges.

Expecting my door to be smashed in at dawn.

I would be more interested in how they came to suspect these two? Did they just trawl fb for drone hobbyists who live nearby?

As far as I know there is no description of possible suspects so how did they come to investigate these two?

AFAIK it was a tip off. Somebody that doesnt like the couple, would be my guess........

What I struggle to understand is why the police did not choose to speak to the mans employer who had already said the guy was working all day Thursday.

Oh and he doesnt own any drones.

And now the police say they have no reason to apologise......

2 years ago there was a police raid on the little estate where I have my joinery shop. The police took away my skip, as they thought there might be evidence in it. They never bothered telling me, just went to work Monday and it was gone. It took 5 weeks to get it back -mostly because nobody knew where it was. After weeks of chasing I did finally get hold of the guy that was in charge of the investigation, it was some stolen car ring in Wimbledon. I did get the skip back empty though.

it was a tip off. ...
2 years ago there was a police raid on the little estate where I have my joinery shop. The police took away my skip, as they thought there might be evidence in it. They never bothered telling me, just went to work Monday and it was gone. It took 5 weeks to get it back -mostly because nobody knew where it was. After weeks of chasing I did finally get hold of the guy that was in charge of the investigation, it was some stolen car ring in Wimbledon. I did get the skip back empty though.
Have you tried that again, since? ;)

I once lived in Crawley and worked by the bells, then in Three Bridges.

Expecting my door to be smashed in at dawn.

Crawley: its one of those 1950's new towns. (there is the original Old Crawley with a high street). Split into separate parts, each with a parade of shops.

Some sort of post war social experiment.

Queens square: ugly, concrete and square :mrgreen:

Gatwick drones: Sussex Police 'really sorry' for arrested couple
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46709353

Oh dear!
However, he admitted that police drones launched to investigate could have caused "some level of confusion".
Mr York revealed that two drones found by police near the airport have now been ruled out of responsibility for the disruption which saw flights cancelled or diverted.
Despite searches of 26 potential sites, he said: "I don't think we have found the drone responsible."
But he said he was "absolutely certain that there was a drone flying throughout the period that the airport was closed".
So they still have no idea who was responsible, and they have not recovered the drone in question.

So they still have no idea who was responsible, and they have not recovered the drone in question.

Maybe the clue is in: "However, he admitted that police drones launched to investigate could have caused "some level of confusion"

Nothing new of course...

Linky

Plod however has no clue whatsoever because they are clueless!

Sponsored Links
Back