Drone defence system - who's owning up to building it?

I see the suspects are a couple.

There is rumour they are both Left wing and remainers :eek:

The husband is a builder.......

On a serious note, photos of the couple are on many front pages of tomorrows papers. Lets hope there isnt a mistake and they turn out to be innocent.

Sponsored Links
I heard a rumour that the woman was a plumber, and the man a kipper. Grew up in Surrey, apparently.

If they are guilty, I hope they get locked up. I imagine the damages claim would bankrupt them also

Sponsored Links
It smells a bit fishy though, I had a hunch it was someone with a more sinister motive, I wonder if he was a copycat?

It smells a bit fishy though, I had a hunch it was someone with a more sinister motive, I wonder if he was a copycat?

He seems to be some guy that is a model helicopter enthusiast.
He evaded the police by riding around gatwick on a bike, with a drone strapped to his back :ROFLMAO:

Neighbours say 'he is a lovely guy, they mustve made a mistake'.

"A man and woman arrested in connection with drone sightings that grounded flights at Gatwick Airport have been released without charge.

The 47-year-old man and 54-year-old woman were arrested on Friday night on suspicion of "the criminal use of drones".

Flights were suspended for more than 36 hours when the device was first spotted close to the runway on Wednesday night.

Sussex Police said the pair were no longer suspects.

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said: "Both people have fully co-operated with our enquiries and I am satisfied that they are no longer suspects in the drone incidents at Gatwick."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

The term wrongful arrest was used on the news, which is a bit careless. Its likely they were arrested with reasonable grounds, in which case there is no wrongful arrest even if they are completely innocent.

The term wrongful arrest was used on the news, which is a bit careless. Its likely they were arrested with reasonable grounds, in which case there is no wrongful arrest even if they are completely innocent.

So is there any avenue for them to claim against the media outlets. I assume the Police were correct in investigating them and then releasing them without charge?

only if the media have been careless. sadly when you upload your pictures to faceplant, you grant a fairly broad licence to use.

Sponsored Links
Back