Drug smugglers executed

If I had to go I'd like to be executed by that bird off the fantastic four sha99ing me to death.

Sponsored Links
They say life hangs on a thin thread, so it is a matter of finding where this thin thread is and all you need to do is sever it. :LOL:

Cheer on the bloodshed, its mostly poor people that die, and what is their life worth compared to a feeling of moral superiority.
Are you saying that there should be no effort made to battle the illegal drug industry, because poor people die?

Do you think the authorities would be better off giving the offenders an all expenses paid holiday instead?

It is the poor that die in any society whether that be due to drugs, poverty, disease. Hardly an Einstein moment and does not mitigate the war on drugs. The poor will die irrespective of drugs, sad but true.

Are you saying that there should be no effort made to battle the illegal drug industry, because poor people die?

No, I am saying the efforts to battle drugs is what kills poor people.

Illegal supply means criminal supply, poor quality drugs, dangerous drugs, lack of proper treatment. This kind of stuff is all old hat, but old 'conservatives' simply can't get their head around this / = drugs are bad = drugs must be banned.

Sponsored Links

No, I am saying the efforts to battle drugs is what kills poor people.

Illegal supply means criminal supply, poor quality drugs, dangerous drugs, lack of proper treatment. This kind of stuff is all old hat, but old 'conservatives' simply can't get their head around this / = drugs are bad = drugs must be banned.

Unless the authorities gave the drugs away for free (i.e. us taxpayers fund the junkies' habits), the drug dealers and barons will still sell drugs (cheaper than the State; always a market). Possibly even more ruthlessly, as their profit margins would necessarily be squeezed.
And, unless the whole world bought into the state-sponsoring of addicts, the crims would just move their industry to the next viable market (just like the tobacco companies have done, when the "Western" markets have saturated / been legislated into diminishing profit).
And if drug dealing was no longer viable, they'd move onto something else (prostitution, extortion, whatever). Basically, crims want to get rich. Unless you work really hard / are damn lucky (or both), you don't get generally get the rewards from honest work, that they crave.

Cigarettes kill more people than illegal drugs do.

The illegality fuels the profits of the illegal trade, and also prevents regulation and oversight of purity and prevention of dangerous adulteration.

Unless the authorities gave the drugs away for free (i.e. us taxpayers fund the junkies' habits), the drug dealers and barons will still sell drugs

Let's just check if that makes sense:

"Unless the authorities gave the cigarettes away for free (i.e. us taxpayers fund the smokers' habits), the tobacco dealers and barons will still sell cigarettes"

No, it doesn't.

It's Prohibition that feeds the illegal trade and the gangs' profits.

As John D says.

And, unless the whole world bought into the state-sponsoring of addicts

Typical conservative attitude = drug user = addict.

Drinking alcohol does not make you an alcoholic, Less than 10% of drug users are addicts.

And lots of evidence suggests people are more likely to become addicts when criminals are the ones pushing the drugs, and drugs are made with no quality control.

Are you saying that you have evidence that proves drugs pushers are punished for the sake of punishing drug pushers?

Linky?

And btw why are you posting quotes that you wrote with my name to them?
Drug pushers are not punished for pushing drugs they are punished to stop drugs being pushed.

Sponsored Links
Back