dual carriageway roundabouts

There are plenty of legal immigrants who are used to driving on the other side of the road, but even so the rule is easily understood - you give way to traffic on the roundabout. I don't think there are even any places left in France with their daft old rule about giving way to the right even though they drive on the right.

And many illegal immigrants have probably never driven before.

What point are you trying to make?

Sponsored Links
Hehe, beat you too it! :LOL:

"Cedez le passage" the signs in France say don't they? They still drive round them the wrong way, mind. ;)

AdamW said:
Hehe, beat you too it! :LOL:
Yeah, but you smell. ;) :) :D :LOL:

I remember once enjoying a fabulous series of opportunistic moves on a road with lots of roundabouts - busy rural A road, single carriageway - long queue of cars behind a slow moving lorry - no overtaking opportunities.

There were frequent roundabouts for minor roads, and just before each one the road widened into two lanes for people to position themselves appropriately - probably 2- or 3-cars in length.

For some reason every god was smiling on me, and for 6 or 8 consecutive roundabouts I was able to pull into the right hand lane, approach the roundabout with barely any need to slow down and to sail out onto it tucking right in behind the vehicle coming round it from the right for which all of the traffic on my left had stopped.

Joyously, on the last roundabout before a long stretch without any I was able to get past the lorry.

Sponsored Links
Was a good BBC1 prog the other night on these cretinous Road rage types ,who all think that their awful driving is 1st class ,an others are all really bad,
the Posh bint in it who was all horsey teeth ,was a shocker ....I dread that these potential KILLERS ARE TEARING AROUND THE ROADS ... :(

Back