Dubbing out with tile cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a wall to tile that dips away in one corner. It's brick with a scratch coat of sand and cement render on.

Now, I could go to get some sand and cement to dub it out prior to tiling, or I could just use the Mapei adhesive (powder, not premix) I am about to buy from Screwfix.

Maximum dubbing out is about 1.5cm deep, and I am using 300x75 ceramic wall tiles (nothing fancy).

Area is relatively small (alcove in kitchen chimney around induction hob) and I am confident that I can get the tiles flat.

So, any reason why I couldn't just dub out using my tile cement - either in advance or a bit of heavy buttering on the tiles when I put them on? Adhesive is basically cement, fine sand and some additives?

Yes, I know it'll be an expensive way of doing it - in the grand scheme, though, easier.

Thanks

James.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back