Dyson DC14 Good to not so good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
i wonder if you have had this before, i have a dyson dc14 and when i first bought it it was brill and nearly pulled up the carpet lol.
now its a year later and it seems rubbish it does not suck properly, any tips for cleaning it out properly ????

Sponsored Links
It may need the filters cleaned, the method for this can be found in the user manual Here

Also check for any blockages

Salem.

I'll second that, but make sure the filter is completely dry after washing before you replace it.

I think this is a dyson thing the same happened to ours when new actually lifted the carpets the suction was so good but after a year or so its rubbish.The filter was not the problem and most people I have spoken to have found the same. Maybe a dyson or vacuum cleaner Tech may like to give us an insight of what the cause actually is.

Sponsored Links
Tockworth which model & which filter are you referring to, as once the foam filters are replaced or washed out the suction level is like new in my experience(not a Dyson rep but most of the family have them and non of them knew of the round foam filter in the top)

yes its the filter to right of the machine released by the the blue catch and the sponge filter is enapsulated in a round plastic housing. The model is a DC07 I have just disassembled it and cleaned it again and will refit when dried and post you with the results.

hello all
i have descovered i need to wash or buy a new filter on the top half of the hoover but i have found there is one under the dirt collector part.
i cannot get the thing out can anyone help its called a alergy filter or something.

I am not particularly familiar with the DC14 but the foam filter is usually held in place by a plastic holder, I washed mine (even though from its appearance you would not think it would get clogged) in addition to the filter and that helped the suction no end

ok as promised feedback after cleaning and drying filter just had the designated person of the household do the hoovering today and interrogated after said event, outcome yes better than previous but not a patch on what it was like when new. Still will stick to my previous comments dysons loose suction after time come on dyson techs admit it and let us know why.

On the DC14 there are two filters. the foam washable one which you have cleaned and the Hepa Post Motor Filter. the later of these can be found under the cover, below the dust chamber. The cover is held in place by three friction clips, one at the front and one ether side. remove the cover and lift out the filter, these filter's can not be cleaned as they have a paper core.

220.jpg

The Dyson branded filter costs approx £15 - £20, but you can get an unbranded one from around £6 (from a well known auction site)

Hope this helps.

Salem.

When suction was reduced on my Dyson, it was the short length of flexible plastic tube on the underside of the machine that had split.

I think that this is the most likely reason for your problem.

A temporary repair can be done with gaffer tape, or a new piece of tube is about £10

Keith

When suction was reduced on my Dyson, it was the short length of flexible plastic tube on the underside of the machine that had split.

I think that this is the most likely reason for your problem.

A temporary repair can be done with gaffer tape, or a new piece of tube is about £10

Keith
Was that on a DC01? I think that problem has now been resolved with a modified tube.

No, it was a DC07, but I assumed the DC14 would have the same flexible tube. Glad it's been modified, but sorry it wont help original poster.

Keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back