Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner - docking station

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted the docking station for this and then pushed the end of the charger cable into the holder, forgetting that this should have been threaded along the back before fitting. Now the cable gets trapped when the station is folded into position for charging. I can't manage to remove the charger head from the fitting - it did click into place very firmly when I did it, but surely these can be removed so that the appliance can be charged away from the docking station.

Sponsored Links
I need to remove the metal charger tip from the fixing in the docking station so that I can release the cable and re-fit it behind in the channel provided. It is being held by something but I can't see what. Obviously, it needs to be secure in the docking station but this feels as if it's being very firmly gripped and I can't see how.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back