earth cables with no sleeving

It could happen, but the design of the socket makes it very unlikely, all L/N parts are recessed (IP2X??) on the sockets I've fitted
Agreed. I would think that the terminals, per se, are virtually always IP2X, but there are at least some in which I think the heads of the terminal screws might protrude enough to be touchable (particularly if there are large and/or many conductors in the terminal.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I've also found that while sockets/switches always have shielded terminals, this is not always so true of other accessories. For example here is a picture of the back of a "flex outlet plate"

417zxoLKBIL._AC_.jpg

I've also found that while sockets/switches always have shielded terminals, this is not always so true of other accessories. For example here is a picture of the back of a "flex outlet plate"

417zxoLKBIL._AC_.jpg
Is it a requirement to have IP2X terminals? If it isn't it should be, and certainly is in control panels.

Sponsored Links
Is it a requirement to have IP2X terminals? If it isn't it should be, and certainly is in control panels.
I wouldn't have thought so. The entire accessory is obviously far better than IP2X (as far as the outside world is concerned), but I don't think that there is (or should be) a requirement for any degree of protection within the enclosure, is there?

I know nothing about control panels, and they might possibly be an exception, but I would have thought that a requirement for their to be 'no touchable live parts' within pieces of equipment which were, as a whole, at least IP2X (often much better) would be so restrictive as to be essentially unworkable, wouldn't it? Even something as simple as a BS1363 (or many other types of) plug would fall seriously foul of such a requirement.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back