Twin + Earth - no sleeve on earth

It all adds up.
United Airlines used to run a competition for ideas.
One employee suggested using thinner paper for the inflight magazines.
The tiny weight change save 170,000 gallons of fuel ($290,000 a year)

Swan Vesta matches did something similar. An employee suggested puting the glue/sand strike plate on one side of the box, rather than both sides.

Sponsored Links
If you want S & E but instead use T & E and not use one of the live conductors it often used to be a cheaper option so cost savings often play a part irrespective on saving materials costs and saving the planet.

5foot fluorescent fittings used to often be cheaper than 4 ft ones due to production runs etc etc

Sailor Vee as the French never put it!

Swan Vesta matches did something similar. An employee suggested puting the glue/sand strike plate on one side of the box, rather than both sides.
That makes (commercial) sense when there is a 'competitive market. However, in the case of "T+E" cables, there is never going to be a 'choice' between insulated and non-insulated CPCs, so that does not really apply.

On the contrary, as we have seen dramatically with 'energy prices', companies seem to have the fixed idea that they have to achieve the same level of percentage (rather than absolute) profit when the costs of materials, manufacture or distribution increase. In the absence of a 'competitive market', it is therefore generally in the interests of the companies for the 'product cost' (materials, manufacture and distribution) to be as high as possible, since (using their 'business model') that means a higher profit!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yep got me tother year on a cruise, the one who always looks for cheapest prices was looking in the on board jewellers. I said why you looking at their high prices "Oh but there is 10% off!", when I said 10% off 200% of what you`d normally pay elsewhere the point was lost. LOL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back