earth sleeving - why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have always used earth sleeving when wiring sockets and things because I know you're supposed to.

I've never really fully understood the reason why, though. The only thing I can think is that in places you use earth sleeving there may be live parts that a bare CPC could short out on. Is that the main reason?

Just curious, really.

Sponsored Links
In some countries (Australia, France etc) the earth is already sleeved similar to our flex cable.

Sponsored Links
Hands in the air who thinks europe-style solid drawn cable will replace our good old fashoned T&E before so very long...

*ME ME ME* :cry:

Slowly but surely we're edging closer to the same standards across europe and theres not a chance they'll change to align with us so we'll have to align to them.
The writing has been on the wall for ages, harmonised colours, relaxing of the rules in bathrooms etc etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back