Earthing inside a box

Sponsored Links
tongueout.gif

The user Ban-all-sheds, one of the people telling you have not got the first clue as to how to do this job safely and that you should not attempt it.

Sponsored Links
Well what is the point of coming on here and asking if you're not going to take a blind bit of notice of what everyone is telling you?

Can you not get it through your thick skull that you do not have even remotely any where near enough skill to safely wire your project up?

Well what is the point of coming on here and asking if you're not going to take a blind bit of notice of what everyone is telling you?

Can you not get it through your thick skull that you do not have even remotely any where near enough skill to safely wire your project up?
Aw, don't worry about it.

lets hope he's got a friend who can do CPR :LOL:
I just don't understand someone who can't take sensible advice, specially when several people offer pretty much the same advice, ah well, not to worry!

So you think Part P does not apply to something with a plug on?

What about where this gadget is to be used?

You think that you can get round Part P by wiring everything up via plugs and sockets?

Why should a building regulation have anything to to with what a person plugs into his/her domestic supply? That would mean that a fridge, or a washing machine, or a TV etc. would all have to comply with said building regulation. Thats just not true.
I have in the past built many items that connect via a plug to the mains. Large 12volt power supplies etc. I can find no reference to that sort of thing anywhere in the approved document? Can you tell me where to look please.

Yes, Part P is probably a red herring. Not for sure though - it might be relevant, if this gadget is fixed to a wall or similar, or the cables are. Or if it's going to enable outside lighting etc to be powered.

The OP knows how he's planning to use it, and as he's previously expressed approval of a bodge to avoid getting an electrician it's not bad advice to point out that the mere act of using a plug does not automatically exempt him from a legal obligation to make reasonable provision in the design and installation of the thing in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering it and what it's part of from fire or injury.

Who's worried? I hope you electrocute yourself.
You shouldn't be hoping he kills himself.

A bit of a flash-bang and a trip to the laundry, maybe, but not death...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back