Eclique dimmer switch help !!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response electrician was here 3 days trying to get it to work ... when the power was put on there was a tiny bit of smoke coming from the two cables
Are you sure it was coming from the cables ? More likely it was from the inside of one or more of the dimmers as they burnt out due to incorrect installation.

As BAS has pointed out who ever was fiddling with the wires and dimmers was not an electrician. His ignorance may have destroyed your expensive dimmers.

He's planning on taking a neutral wire downstairs from the upstair light connecting that to the other gang from the light downstairs looping the live down there to the live so he has a live and neutral going to the other gang then taking those live and neutral back up to the bathroom slave and says it will power that one way?? But what about the s link is that not needed isn't this just for 2 way ? So from where I'm standing why won't that work the switch will receive power just like the other switch ?

Sponsored Links
So it shows the neutral going to the light rose . . Then the wire from the light is going from the l1/l2 to the switch (load) ?? :/

Made a test circuit and you were all right thank you so much for your help made a 2way circuit and works. So nothing blown blown on the switches took a live from the master to the slave and the load to rose (live) and took a neutral to rose from supply to (neutral) and it won't power the switch as like you said it needs to work in a two way circuit with the master for it to work at all !! Shame really but I'll be getting a single master and single slave to complete my lighting :)

Last edited:
no the single is for the landing (2way) and master for the bathroom one way :)

OK - I thought you were going to still use the slave you'd already got for the landing.

No that's going back it's 2 gang and the other gang is useless as its for the one way in bathroom ?

Thanks for your response electrician was here 3 days trying to get it to work put 2 cables in the load side of the master not sure what they were but when the power was put on there was a tiny bit of smoke coming from the two cables not sure if it's possible to fry the switch through the load side though isn't it protected ? The main question is if the bathroom light will work off the slave am sure the electrician said something about running some cables to it from the master something about a neutral and 3 switch wires are needed ? But won't that turn the bathroom light into a 2way with the master downstairs ? Thanks

Ah, that would be you then ?

DS

He was defo an electrician it wasn't me I wouldn't mess untill I no what am doing that's why I came on here to make sure I did :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back