Electoral reform

They are public servants, they are employed by the people and just like any other employee they are judged on their potential, experience, past achievements, etc
They still need to be re-elected every so often.
Your arguments are for 2 or 3 party politics, to limit the political arena to narrow political options. This is precisely why so many people are disillusioned.

No, i am for individuals and people standing for what THEY believe in, bringing passion to their job. I like the fact that if they stand as a party we have more information on them, thatt is all. Not just some person acting blindly on vote after vote from their constituents.

We vote for them, once they are in THEY have the power, which we can take away every 4/5 years.

Sponsored Links
Like I said, the electoral reform that i was suggesting would take up to 50 years due to the cultural/political evolution required.

So maybe there's room for a compromise. ;)

Like I said, the electoral reform that i was suggesting would take up to 50 years due to the cultural/political evolution required.

So maybe there's room for a compromise. ;)

I remember that nice Mr Chamberlin going to Munich..........

I don't remember it but I've seen the history books.
It seems it was more about deceit than compromise.

Sponsored Links
I don't remember it but I've seen the history books.
It seems it was more about deceit than compromise.

Hitler wrote afterwards, "I saw Mr Chamberlin from England. He seemed a nice old man, then he asked me for my autograph, so i gave it to him".

A fair misunderstanding. But there was a language difference.
Unfortunately, our current PM manages misunderstandings without any language difference.

Unfortunately, our current PM manages misunderstandings without any language difference.

He didn't misunderstand, but the british public have no sense and got behind that bigot duffy...so he had to pretend to have made a mistake.

It would be the same as if he said Jeward couldn't sing, he'd have the whole country ****ed at him and wanting him to 'admit' they are the best singers ever....the public suck.

...so he had to pretend to have made a mistake.
Yes that was my feeling too.
He apologised on radio immediately after....no mention of any misunderstanding.
Only "I'm sorry if I caused offence"
The 'misunderstanding' bit didn't come up until later. Dreamt up as an excuse for his behaviour.

He didn't misunderstand, but the british public have no sense and got behind that bigot duffy...so he had to pretend to have made a mistake.

she isnt a bigot, she asked perfectly reasonable unprejudiced questions.

read it for yourself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LY-upset-devastating-exchange-PM.html[/QUOTE]

To me, "All these Eastern europeans..where are they flocking from?" is an indication of a bigot and a dumbass

Some of your posts suggest you are an idiot - does that mean you are one?

It would be the same as if he said Jedward couldn't sing, he'd have the whole country p****d at him and wanting him to 'admit' they are the best singers ever....the public suck.

You reckon the Jedward twins can sing???
Your either tone deaf or stone deaf.
;) ;)

It would be the same as if he said Jedward couldn't sing, he'd have the whole country p****d at him and wanting him to 'admit' they are the best singers ever....the public suck.

You reckon the Jedward twins can sing???
Your either tone deaf or stone deaf.
;) ;)

Which was my point...didn't stop the public voting for them in their millions did it.

Sponsored Links
Back