Electric heater keeps going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an EWT electric heater that keeps going off when it shouldn't. I'm pretty sure it's down to the internal relay that's supposed to act as a coverguard, for example if someone threw a blanket over it, it switches itself off before a fire occurred.

I don't have any experience with appliances, would it be easy enough to open it up and re-wire it so that the safety relay is bypassed? I'm not that dumb I'd cover the heater up while using it.

Sponsored Links
While there are people around with your line of thought the fire brigade will never be short of work. In reply to your post the answer is of course absolutely not. If it is a safety cut out that is faulty it is not there solely for anyone throwing a blanket over the appliance there could be numerous other reasons why the cut out would operate.This is not a job for a diy'er it would have to be diagnosed correctly by an authorised dealer.

Ok thanks for that. I'm glad I asked here before I did anything.

Sponsored Links
may i suggest taking a hoover to the dust on the air vents may help the air flow but unplug before you do this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back