Electric light socket spring thing???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking for the replacement bits that sit inside a light socket that the switch screws into. There is one on the left and right and they are usually sprung.

What are they called and where can I buy one or a few?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the sprung contacts? They aren't replaceable, you need to by a new lampholder.

Sponsored Links
On my back box socket they are plastic and sprung on each side. They look replaceable. Just don't know what I'm looking for.

I don't want to replace the box, it seems far too excessive.

Surely this part is replaceable! It must be! It's just a square bit of plastic, with a hole and spring.

I don't want to replace the box, it seems far too excessive.

Surely this part is replaceable! It must be! It's just a square bit of plastic, with a hole and spring.

They are made by many, many companies and the designs have changed a number of times.

It's a 60p box..

The cost of a replacement box is irrelevant. The time and effort to replace the box is unnecessary when all I need is thus small part. It's just a screw holder for crying out loud!

I have never seen anyone offer them as replacement parts. If you can find an identical box (we don't know what yours looks like, funnily enough), you might be able to swap one over.

The cost of a replacement box is irrelevant. The time and effort to replace the box is unnecessary when all I need is thus small part. It's just a screw holder for crying out loud!

Because "it's just a...." is the very reason manufacturers don't supply/ship parts, and even if they did stockists wouldn't stock them - they are more trouble than they're worth FINANCIALLY to the supplier/stockist. This doesn't just apply to electrical back boxes but everything out there today.

I understand your frustration, it's something we all come up against far too often. That's why most tradesmen have boxes full of odds and ends just like this that we recover from jobs as scrap, because one day we'll be crying out loud as well!

pj

I will sell you one for £10 plus £4.20 p&p.

You must provide a photo of the box and the part you need.

I do not offer refund or exchange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back