Electric Meter

Sponsored Links
Give your head a shake. There is a bigger probability of failed plumbers and sparks connecting things the wrong way round. I wouldn't trust any of them to fit a meter correctly.
Proven you know nothing about either.

But hey,

Sponsored Links
Is anyone familiar with what happened on Malta when they rolled out smart meters?

I have received a message from my Electric Supply to say the my present Electric meter is now outdated and requires REPLACEMENT , at a guess I think they want to install a " Smart Meter" I am in a rural area and unable to receive mobile phone calls and am concerned that a "Smart Meter" reading could be incorrect thus creating errors on the Electric Account , The Electric Company have said they have a legal right to EXCHANGE the original meter, is this correct ,
I get the feeling this is incorrect as the Company have now done away with the yearly meter reading ( By their Meter reader) due to cut backs .
Whats your opinion .
Just have it fitted.

It's a meter.

No different from any other meter and this thread has proved it. (y)

You are incorrect there!
which bit?

No court order needed - correct
remote switch - correct

non-smart meter cannot be remotely turned in to a pre-pay, so they will need a court order to gain entry or your permission.

I posted my sources.

Bit of an exaggeration. There are now more smart meters than not in use. Get with the times.

Brian in admin won't turn off your supply, don't worry.
I was referring to Noseall being wrong - all the time.

At the moment the regulator has suspended Brian's privileges, because there are too many cases of Brian not following the rules and they are investigating if Brian should go on the naughty step. They are also drafting new rules for greater scrutiny. Why would they need to do that if Brian was being a good boy. There are too many cases of people being switched in error, enough for the regulator to step in.

I actually want one and have been waiting for octopus to schedule it.

Last edited:
Were they occupied by shrunken Russian infiltrators, that escaped the meters, became full size and took over the country?
Widespread smart meter hacking to fiddle the readings. The installers cooked the boxes which stopped the anti-tamper devices being triggered. It was a massive organised crime racket.

Give your head a shake. There is a bigger probability of failed plumbers and sparks connecting things the wrong way round. I wouldn't trust any of them to fit a meter correctly.
And there is another massive problem my mate done an audit for one of the biggest companies on electric smart meter fixes and he found 25% in a dangerous state .either bare cables or loose connections. Our council had two house fires caused by faulty smart meter installations and as result decided to put additional smoke alarms in every room containing electric meter.

Widespread smart meter hacking to fiddle the readings. The installers cooked the boxes which stopped the anti-tamper devices being triggered. It was a massive organised crime racket.
Albanian gang in our town will put 50 quid onto your smart meter for 20 quid they have been hacking them for a few years

Lol. Fiddling has been going on since meters were invented boyo.

Next.

No court order needed - correct
Nonsense.

"..People with smart meters are protected by exactly the same strict regulations that protect anyone with a traditional meter relating to an energy supplier switching off or disconnecting their gas or electricity supplies. 'Your energy supplier cannot disconnect you without first assessing your situation and how a disconnection might affect you..."

You are at no greater risk of having your meter switched to pre-pay or cut off with a SM than you are with an anologue. Wrong again boyo.

Next.

Sponsored Links
Back