electric oven earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can some one help me i have just bought a bosch double oven. The outer metal casing has an earth connection. How do i wire this up? Do i just run an earth wire from this connection to the earth terminal next to the L and N terminals. The instruction manual does not say anything about this except to earth the oven as per local regulations

Sponsored Links
You just connect the earth core of the supply cable to it, if there are multiple earth terminals, if they are not internally linked, then you need to link them yourself using the same sized conector as the earth in the supply cable

I'm not really quite sure what the question is asking here?

hi There are two earth terminals one at the back of the oven on the metal casing and the other next to hte L and N terminals. How do i tell if they are internally conected

Sponsored Links
look for a wire from the internal earth connector to the chassis. If there isn't one obviously visible, connect the earth to both (dont forget to sheath the earth)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back