Electric/sensor/fuse prob possibly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I really need some help, I borrowed my brothers 07 vauxhall astra to go to Bristol not long ago, it was an overnight drive and it was freezing.
I noticed not long into the drive that the wash wipes were not working and assumed it was because there was no addative in the water.
upon my return they still dont work.

Also the boot which did open going down there does not open now, im assuming it could possibly be a fuse or even the boot solenoid if there is one, I have absolutely no idea what it could be and I dont have the money to pay a garage to tell me, if anyone could help id be hugely grateful, kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links
Can you hear a whirring sound as you operate the screen washers - i.e the sound of the water pump? If so the pipe to the screen nozzles may just have blown off due to a freeze up. If no noise, find the fuse box and check them.
Re the boot lock, some cars need you to operate the key plipper twice in succession to release the boot - just make sure you are using the correct procedure before looking for faults. Ask at a Vauxhall dealer for advice...I'm sure they'll not charge you for that. Ask the service manager.
John :)

you can definately hear the pump, I was a bit unsure whether it was a blockage but its the same for the rear wiper too so ill get the bonnet open tomorrow and have a look underneath too.
I shall try and locate the fuse box, is it likely to be inside the car or under the bonnet?
Thankyou very much, kind regards Paul...

If you can hear the pump then alls likely to be ok...it spins one way for the front screen and the other way for the rear. You'll have to access the bottom of the washer bottle though to see the pump and pipes...it could well be under the wheel arch liners under a wing.
The fuse box will be under a cover on the dash somewhere....sorry I've never owned an Astra so I don't know where - it could even be on the dash sides, visible with the doors open. Maybe someone else will know!
Regards
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much you have been a big help, least I have some idea f what to look for now cheers, Paul...

Its the fuse under the bonnet on the right hand side next to the battery, cant remember the number.

Back