Electrician put sockets in wrong places!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... too low! Totally ignored what I've drawn on the walls! While I was talking to him, agreed to everything, I happily went to work, and only noticed after they went away. So the sockets are too low - by 4 inches, and one by about 20 inches. They are coming back tomorrow as there are lots more to do.
Advice needed how to be assertive without p***ing him off - I need this put right. Do I have to pay him extra for his mistake?
Please HELP!!

Sponsored Links
No, dont pay him extra. Mate, don't forget that you are the customer....!!!!
You have clearly marked where you want the items positioned. He should extend them or re-run cables at his own cost.

I am assuming its an extension or something so there's no reg to say the sockets must be at a particular height. Indeed, new build sockets are 400mm above FFL.

PS Make sure that everything else going forward is specified in writing...

You don't need to be asertive, just ask them nicely why they did not do as requested/agreed.

They could have a good reason I suppose.

If no good reason, ask them to move them before doing any other work. If they won't or if they say it will cost extra, pay them for the work done (but not the sockets) and get another spark in.

Simples

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I wonder how annoyed he will be... I just hate when workmen do that - 'awww she is only a woman, we'll just do what we want'
I wanted them 13 inches above the future worktop. So I can have a 12 inch splashback. Old sockets were that hight, I've pointed that out as well as drew new sockets - wanted them moved horizontally...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back