Elro ( Byron ) Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, i'm new on the forum and I'm after some advice please.I currently have a ELRO(Byron ?) Unit with 4 X Channel.The first problem that i have is in quad mode the dvr runs perfect but if i put it in auto after 5 mins.coloured lines flash across the tv and the camaras freeze, if i take out 1 camara no matter which one it works fine any advise please. 2. if i can't get over this problem i would like to change the dvr and keep the cameras,The cables from the cameras are (s-video with round 6 pin mini-din ends) they run through walls, floors etc etc so would be a pain to replace.My question, is there anyone who can recommend a way to replace the mini-din's with bnc connectors and power so that i have a choice of dvr's, I have tried Maplins and a few more places with no results, All help is greatly appreciated. :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
First of all it sounds like a power supply issue. (PSU)
Trouble is these run from the DVR IIRC.
You could keep the cams and use a new PSU and DVR. Cutting off the DIN plugs and using BnC and standard power connections.

Or cut off the dins and remake connections with a new 4amp PSU amd BNC`s. This way you only have to buy a few connectors and a PSU.
But be warned if one part has failed another might as well.

All you need to do is identify the power and video feeds, not difficult with a multimeter.
You may find a schematic on their site :D

Hi Alarm,
Thankyou very much for your thought's on my problem it's looking
like the scissors will have to come out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back