Energy Bills

I can understand why the unit price for gas/elec is going up. but why such a significant increase in standing charges?

Sponsored Links
I can understand why the unit price for gas/elec is going up. but why such a significant increase in standing charges?
The companies that just sell gas rather than extract and sell are being hammered and are selling below cost price. They need to get as much money as they're allowed.

Sponsored Links
The companies that just sell gas rather than extract and sell are being hammered and are selling below cost price. They need to get as much money as they're allowed.
And this government is allowing that by increasing price caps per kwh.

The term "price cap" fools a lot of people as they think it's the max they will be paying and get a massive shock when they pay a lot more than that.

The water meter rip-off is around the corner if you are not on a meter yet. I know of customers who flush their toilet every time EG, possibly the child goes first the dad/step-dad/bf goes next the woman. 66% saving straight away!!

It's so that they can still get money out of you if you cut down your consumption.

If you're partial to a conspiracy theory or two (I am not), you could say that prices are being forced up to try and reduce consumption and therefore lessen the adverse effects on the planet.

This huge price rise, it could be argued, is happening because all previous attempts to cut consumption have failed.

Smart meters will help with that with real time pricing charging more for energy at peak times ,purely to save the planet of course

It is because the poor disproportionately pay more - it’s Conservative ideology to increase inequality.

It is because the poor disproportionately pay more - it’s Conservative ideology to increase inequality.
the poor disproportionately pay more for everything, from I-phones, ice creams, cigarettes to manicures.

virtually all human societies use the ideology of more money for more work, if we were all paid the same nothing would ever get done.

the poor disproportionately pay more for everything, from I-phones, ice creams, cigarettes to manicures.

virtually all human societies use the ideology of more money for more work, if we were all paid the same nothing would ever get done.
What a disgusting person you are.

you should be ashamed for writing such utter drivel

If you live in a small flat and can only afford the minimum of heating, the standing charge costs more as a ratio of your heating bill.

Do you think it’s funny some people can’t afford to heat their homes and can’t even afford to eat every day?

by the way, there are many people working full time that can’t afford to heat their homes

by the way, there are many people working full time that can’t afford to heat their homes

Your earlier post stated
"- it’s Conservative ideology to increase inequality."

I'm suggesting it isn't - more pay for higher skilled or simply more work is the norm throughout the world, it encourages development and growth. So of course there will be a disparity in what people can afford. Are you suggesting everyone gets exactly the same pay even if they don't work?

40 hours on the min wage is £356 a week. is this amount impossible to live on? and if so what level would you have this at

Because inflation affects everything including raw materials, operating costs and wages.
If the standing charges don't rise, the workers will be getting a defacto paycut.

Sponsored Links
Back