Energy saving

Okay, I'm pretty certain now, that you're just trying to wind people up now! lol.

No, I'm not actually. There will be deposits of oil as yet undiscovered, which will still be available long after the Government has ordered us all to use those stupid electric cars.
Petrol and diesel are the most efficient fuels for moving vehicles around.

Sponsored Links
The point you are missing Tony is that the oil must be CHEAP. We are cheap energy junkies. Expensive energy is of no use to us.

I think I am going to move to a land that has zero energy consumption, North cape in summer and south cape in winter! 24hrs sunshine, no cold, the only expense would be two flights per year, and no emails and it will be a silent world free from hussle and bussle of modern day 21st Century super stressfull bone breaking living!

no emails and it will be a silent world free from hussle and bussle of modern day 21st Century super stressfull bone breaking living!

And what if you fell seriously ill while out in this supposed 'paradise'?
Would you just lie there and die, or would you get a (environmentally un-friendly) plane back to civilization to get treatment?

Sponsored Links
The point you are missing Tony is that the oil must be CHEAP. We are cheap energy junkies. Expensive energy is of no use to us.

We are not cheap energy junkies; we are high public spending junkies.
Ask all those people who cannot afford to heat their homes properly if energy is cheap.
A considerable proportion of the cost of power is government-imposed to pay for expensive white elephants like turbines etc.

we are high public spending junkies.

But its the governments that pay out the high salaries too the public sector. Gold plated index linked pensions..annual pay rises linked with inflation .. holiday pay, sick pay.. going to the toilet for a dump pay.. etc etc.
Nothing I'd like better than to see the public sector have its pay slashed by at least 40%. And another 30% sacked.
Then the fuel tax could be slashed.
Makes my blood boil seeing small businesses struggle and then go under and the government gravy train rolls on unhindered.
(A lot of guys incidentally now running on split tanks. Red in the big side and white stays on the small side where her majesties customs and exise do their dipping.
Fuel laundering is big business in my neck of the woods also.)

But would that be enough to stave off this country going the same way as the greeks? I don't think so.
And riots would/will have to be dealt with either way.

Joe!! you are assuming that we will always be dependent on fossil fuels, think outside the box!!

Sponsored Links
Back