Eon refuse to

Sponsored Links
No, he's got a very good point. Haven't you noticed how a thread can just end up speculating endlessly on completely nonsensical possibilities before the OP comes back with any real info.

I'm truely amazed by it as well.

I have no "real info". Only the newspaper article.

What are you truly amazed by?

If you don't want to post, no-one is forcing you.

Last edited:
You missed the point Securespark, and sorry, you were the original poster in this case and couldn't add any more info, but there are a lot of cases where the speculation runs riot for no valid reason, without any more info being added.

It's a shame in this case that we couldn't get more info on the case. But I supose it does beg he question of why you posted a case that couldn't have a result.

Sponsored Links
No, he's got a very good point. Haven't you noticed how a thread can just end up speculating endlessly on completely nonsensical possibilities before the OP comes back with any real info.

I'm truely amazed by it as well.

Speculating on speculation is waste of time, he does it all the time.

I work for an energy supplier, so to add a bit more information;

If it's three phase meter required, metering engineers need special training to do it. I think there's one or two guys in Shropshire in the company I work at who can do it for example, so it's quite rare and would need a new appointment booked if it happened where I worked unless the guy happened to be nearby and free or was able to be rerouted. Sucks, but it happens on occasion that we don't know about the issue until we see it and it's a rare one.

No idea where E.On are coming from with the electrician side. On one hand, E.On metering engineers are thought of as jokes by us as we come across dangerous stuff they've left all the time. On the other hand, customers are known to bend the truth heavily. To sort out the meter part all they'd need to do would be to install as normal and then install an isolator without connecting up the consumer unit. Then the customer just needs to get the electrics connected up to the isolator.

If there's something wrong with the cutout, then the DNO need to sort it before the meter can be done. Not allowed to install a meter and then have them connect it up or anything like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back