Er...How does that work.

just gos to show that if your 17 then its best to get kicked out the house, claim job seekers, get your rent payed and be better off then working. maddness.

Sponsored Links
So...let's recap, you cannot descriminate due to age...but you only have to pay a 17 year old £3.64 but have to pay a 21 year old £5.93..

...everyone is equal but a 21 yo is automatically worth 65% more that a 21+ person....

You do raise a good point and it's probably one that will make lawyers think about the possibilities,
but,
don't shout too loud about it or else they just might make us all equal by dropping the minimum wage to ....£3.64 :cry:

So...let's recap, you cannot descriminate due to age...but you only have to pay a 17 year old £3.64 but have to pay a 21 year old £5.93..

...everyone is equal but a 21 yo is automatically worth 65% more that a 21+ person....

You do raise a good point and it's probably one that will make lawyers think about the possibilities,
but,
don't shout too loud about it or else they just might make us all equal by dropping the minimum wage to ....£3.64 :cry:

Which is all the more reason to knuckle down and train for a trade.
Then you won't get paid the minimum wage but a wage that should reflect your experience and knowledge.

Oh I'm well above minimum wage, but you are right about the training. Funny thing about the training though , it's getting less and less. A few months ago we were talking at work about our apprenticeships and so on, most of us had served 4or 5 years and some of the younger ones 3 years. Now an agency lad (lad? well not really he was in his fifties and had come from farming) was there too and said
" well you must be a bit thick , I did all my training in 6 months!"

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
5 Years hard training/college/night school etc and still learning nearly 40 years later. :LOL:

Turned 50, done a few yrs on the railway, love it so much, would do it for the dole moneY

You cannot get no help off this goverment, spent my last 10 g and was promimed help by bolton council.

Totally ignored.

5 Years hard training/college/night school etc and still learning nearly 40 years later. :LOL:

Me and you both mate - kids today eh? ;) :LOL:

Don't know the've got it made!
In just over 10 years I'll be a pensioner and its the kids who'll be running the country!
pullhair.gif

the apprentis do serve a long time, on meek wages,,,hey but don't they make up for it when they get time served and come to your house and give you a quote for a job...( only kidding) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back