EU China Investment Treaty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
So, Bobby we aren’t benefiting from China’s human right breaches then, just the EU.
Also Notch’s entire life on here is if “If becomes a reality”

“If becomes a reality “ wow... that’s remainers argument summed up in 4 words!

Sponsored Links
One heck of a distortion of reality there. Not unusual from brexiteers.
This Comprehensive Agreement on Investment (CAI) is an EU wide agreement to replace 25 Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs) that are currently in existence between China and multiple EU nation states. These BITs have many drawbacks which the EU agreement seeks to address.
This EU-China CAI has been in negotiation for about 8 year, but contrary to woody's claim, is not 'about to be signed'.

Additionally, the items referred to by woody are indeed included in the agreement and why it won't be finalised any time soon.
The EU expects adherence to International Labour Organisation Conventions, such as the right to set up labour unions, collective bargaining and avoidance of forced labour.
https://www.bruegel.org/2020/12/whe...-conclude-an-investment-agreement-with-china/
I guess Brexiteers think it's fine to twist the truth, as exemplified by their inglorious leader.
Is it irony or hipocrisy to selectively quote from biased organisations that just support one (your own) point of view, and use these to support a biased reply just for the sake of feeling the need to find a contradictory response?

Widen your googling and if possible, mind. Otherwise you are just demonstrating what lack of understanding and reasoning you posses.

Anyway, Notch. We’re out now. You can finally move on to something else to obsess about, thankful that your Christmas turkey will have been transported humanely, unlike in the EU.

Is it irony or hipocrisy to selectively quote from biased organisations that just support one (your own) point of view, and use these to support a biased reply just for the sake of feeling the need to find a contradictory response?

Widen your googling and if possible, mind. Otherwise you are just demonstrating what lack of understanding and reasoning you posses.
A fair description of your OP, do you not think? Except that you provided no external quotes from anywhere, so we have no idea where you get your information from.
You will notice that I included three references to other information.
You included no references at all, almost as though you were ashamed of where you get your information from.

Last edited:
So, Bobby we aren’t benefiting from China’s human right breaches then, just the EU.
UK is currently benefiting from China's HR breaches.
The current negotiations between EU and China will not replace the BIT between UK and China, only the BITs between EU nation states and China.
Therefore the UK will continue to benefit from China's HR breaches, unlike EU, who will no longer benefit from China's HR breaches, unless the agreement is concluded, and China refrains from HR breaches.

A fair description of your OP, do you not think? Except that you provided no external quotes from anywhere, so we have no idea where you get your information from.
You will notice that I included three references to other information.
You included no references at all, almost as though you were ashamed of where you get your information from.l
Unlike yourself, I don't need to scramble around Google to quickly find stuff to support a narrow POV.

By all means use Google to supplement your lack of knowledge, but I would suggest be careful with any sources you find. And if you are going to quote sources, please quote factual unbiased ones. Thanks.

Don't always just look for websites just to support a contradictory response. Sometimes the facts are facts, and you'll just look silly.

Unlike yourself, I don't need to scramble around Google to quickly find stuff to support a narrow POV.

By all means use Google to supplement your lack of knowledge, but I would suggest be careful with any sources you find. And if you are going to quote sources, please quote factual unbiased ones. Thanks.

Don't always just look for websites just to support a contradictory response. Sometimes the facts are facts, and you'll just look silly.
I could use your method, and invent silly things to say because I want to put a point of view that is not supported by any websites.

You are already looking silly because you cannot discuss the facts, you're just making childish comments.

The references provided by me were to disprove your misrepresentations of the facts.

So Bobby. By the end of the year the EU will have lost its biggest customer & it’s potential new biggest customer.
That’s not a good outlook for the EU then.

What has the ex-president of US got to do with it?

Nothing now, he's gone, but we know the Donald was hardly what could be described as pro European. If sleepy Joe is as pro European as some commentators suggest, that may well influence the EU's dealings with China.

Nothing now, he's gone, but we know the Donald was hardly what could be described as pro European. If sleepy Joe is as pro European as some commentators suggest, that may well influence the EU's dealings with China.
He wasn't pro-China either, so he has nothing to do with it, so why mention it?

So Bobby. By the end of the year the EU will have lost its biggest customer & it’s potential new biggest customer.
That’s not a good outlook for the EU then.
The BITs still apply until the CAI kicks in, if it ever does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back