EU trade deal deadline is real this time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its real, because the government are pushing through a finance bill next week that includes elements which break the Withdrawal Agreement.

If a deal isn't reached by sometime Monday and the bill goes through, the EU will not agree to any deal.

If agreement for a deal is reached, its likely the EU will allow it to be drawn up and ratified even if it can't be done by 1st Jan.
That would mean UK has no deal in place for a week or two.

Sponsored Links
Its real, because the government are pushing through a finance bill next week that includes elements which break the Withdrawal Agreement.

If a deal isn't reached by sometime Monday and the bill goes through, the EU will not agree to any deal.

If agreement for a deal is reached, its likely the EU will allow it to be drawn up and ratified even if it can't be done by 1st Jan.
That would mean UK has no deal in place for a week or two.
Thats good news.
I have Brexit fatigue.

Sponsored Links
So have I and all my family!

I'm sorry but Brexit hasn't really started, we've only signed the paperwork so far.

From January it will be massive news and there will be far more division and anger than ever.

What a Legacy for Tony Blair - The UK out of the EU.
It's not a legacy for Tony Blair.

It will be a legacy for Boris Johnson who will go down as the man who did the greatest economic damage to the United Kingdom since the war.

Trump is gone, right wing populism is on the wane

It's not a legacy for Tony Blair.

It will be a legacy for Boris Johnson who will go down as the man who did the greatest economic damage to the United Kingdom since the war.

Populism has only started mate.

Populism has only started mate.

You mean liars like Johnson who manipulate the public by getting them to vote against their best interests.

If you believe Brexit is the 'will of the people' you really are set behind the ears.

Nah right wing populism in USA, UK, Hungary, Poland etc has had its day.

Well, we’ve just got to hold on for a little while longer and they can do what they like in the new year because we'll be out and we'll be staying out. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Back