EU unhappy with astrazeneca

Sponsored Links
Pass on many posts but the title of the thread is accurate - The EU is not happy with AZ and that really and truly is about it. They may be concerned about Boris and his band of cavaliers and what they may try to do.

Interesting read that may be had for free via google
https://www.ft.com/content/38fecae5-86d0-49a5-8a33-3bf4a64e57bb

An extract
The UK government has bought 100m doses of the Oxford vaccine, which has shown efficacy of around 62 per cent in all age groups.

That in straight terms doesn't make sense as it implies that the AZ doses could be given with their advised timing but there is also the factor of how long it takes to get it into people as fast as possible. 1 dose and a longer lag for the 2nd helps with that and gives more time for more to arrive. Humanitarian aspects come into people getting their 2nd dose. ;) Unless they conclude it's not needed. Some aspects will become clearer once we get a 3rd wave. As some had jabs over 3 weeks ago some early info may be available but it's not that many people, also some have had 2.

And bought may mean ordered.

Sponsored Links
Are there any reports of anyone dying from COVID after having the vaccine?

That’s like asking what hardships we have suffered by leaving the EU and you probably get the same answer: Not yet, just wait. Wait. Yeah, wait. Just wait, any day now, you’ll see.......

It's a certainty, that having vaccinated over 7 million people, quite a few would currently have the virus, so yes this will happen.

That’s like asking what hardships we have suffered by leaving the EU and you probably get the same answer: Not yet, just wait. Wait. Yeah, wait. Just wait, any day now, you’ll see.......
Ask the same question in NI, and those that ordered goods from UK while in Europe, and those that ordered goods from EU while in UK, and those fishermen that have lost access to their EU market, and those lorry drivers that are spending days in their cabs in a queue, and the OAPs who can no longer spend 6 months in their holiday home, etc, etc.

Ask the same question in NI, and those that ordered goods from UK while in Europe, and those that ordered goods from EU while in UK, and those fishermen that have lost access to their EU market, and those lorry drivers that are spending days in their cabs in a queue, and the OAPs who can no longer spend 6 months in their holiday home, etc, etc.

they all quite rightly blame the Chinese and the EU/ French

they all quite rightly blame the Chinese and the EU/ French
They must have been listening to Arlene Foster, who yesterday was incandescent (Gammon like) about EU invoking Article 16, calling it an act of hostility.
The EU thought, yeah, not a wise move so changed their mind.
Today, she's calling for BJ to invoke Article 16. :rolleyes:

One that I know of in the testing but caught 1 week after receiving the jab. That sort of makes sense really - body given a double whammy more or less at the same time.

Then frail people. That means something seriously wrong with them to co morbidities. In some respects this means people on their last legs. Ages may vary. I have a couple of uncles who are 90+ and no one could call them frail. Both look after themselves. Their wives died recently at similar ages - cancer. One of my nans was in a home from 70 to 95 until flu got her. She had nerve problems that made it difficult for her to walk. Bright as a pin right to the end as well.

Mentioned as some have so odd thoughts about age and care homes. Things vary way more than some think.

Well, I’ve still to suffer those hardships personally so they don’t apply to me. Still waiting for something to affect me. Haven’t seen any shortages in my shops or price increases either.

Well, I’ve still to suffer those hardships personally so they don’t apply to me. Still waiting for something to affect me. Haven’t seen any shortages in my shops or price increases either.
Maybe wait until you're back at work and sourcing parts from EU?
Or until your next European holiday, etc, etc.

Sponsored Links
Back