EU unhappy with astrazeneca

I meant to add more dealing needed to that. The deal to deal further deal is not imagination.
Maybe not. But it does require some imagination to know what that means. ;)
And don't take it the wrong way. I'm joking with you.

Your deal, I believe? ;)

Sponsored Links
Quote from Ursula Von De Leyen:

"Alone, a country can be a speedboat, while the EU is more like a tanker,” Mrs von der Leyen said.

“Before concluding a contract the 27 member states had five full days to say whether they agreed or not. This naturally delays the process."

What about the other 2 months and 3 weeks Ursula.......

The shellfish apparently cannot be transport ed until they have been washed, and a certificate to say so, the problem is by washing them it makes the life of them greatly reduced and it's touch and go whether they get to their destination in time before they expire.

I don't know the issue with the eels though.

It's only a member state decision, (doing their own thing, which many have argued is not allowed :rolleyes:), not an EU decision.

That's just your spin on the decision.
Perhaps you can spin an alternative explanation for US delaying the approval of AZ vaccine, other than it's their usual process.

How so?
In a legal case, will the judge decide whether there has been any breach of contract by one supplier based on the customers attempts to meet demand from another supplier? Surely the subsequent actions of seeking alternative supplies strengthened their claim, and increases their damages (should any be forthcoming)
Or how is their case weakened on their claim that there was a breach of contract by one supplier, and that caused them to ration that product to their citizens, (assuming your spin was correct)? Again their subsequent actions strengthens their claim and increases any potential damages.

Sometimes, motorbiking, your comments are perverse.
It's only a member state decision, (doing their own thing, which many have argued is not allowed :rolleyes:), not an EU decision.

Perhaps you can spin an alternative explanation for US delaying the approval of AZ vaccine, other than it's their usual process.

How so?
In a legal case, will the judge decide whether there has been any breach of contract by one supplier based on the customers attempts to meet demand from another supplier? Surely the subsequent actions of seeking alternative supplies strengthened their claim, and increases their damages (should any be forthcoming)
Or how is their case weakened on their claim that there was a breach of contract by one supplier, and that caused them to ration that product to their citizens, (assuming your spin was correct)? Again their subsequent actions strengthens their claim and increases any potential damages.

How so?

You don’t need to write in a contract that the parties will cooperate on a good faith basis to assist with performance. In this case they went beyond and stated an obligation on the parties to work together with best reasonable efforts. The obligation goes both ways and is documented. We will shortly find out how effective the AZ vaccine is for over 65s given around 10m have now had it. I hope the EU states opting for caution don’t have too many deaths on their hand by taking longer to vaccinate.

Sponsored Links
You don’t need to write in a contract that the parties will cooperate on a good faith basis to assist with performance. In this case they went beyond and stated an obligation on the parties to work together with best reasonable efforts. The obligation goes both ways and is documented.
How is there an obligation on the customer to offer best reasonable efforts?
If the payment is made, what other obligations are there on the customer?
We can assume that appropriate land, with appropriate planning, etc has been provided for a manufacturing site.

We will shortly find out how effective the AZ vaccine is for over 65s given around 10m have now had it. I hope the EU states opting for caution don’t have too many deaths on their hand by taking longer to vaccinate.
This is irrelevant to our (yours and mine, not the thread's) discussion.
The case rate, hospitalisation and mortality rate in France (I haven't checked other countries) is already well below UK's. I think yesterdays new cases, in France, was in the 400 region. I haven't looked recently.

1. Read the contract - There are explicit obligations on the EU.
2. 15% more reported cases than UK (23k) with half as many test/per million... hmm

2. 15% more reported cases than UK (23k) with half as many test/per million... hmm
Bah!
Lies, damned lies, and statistics ;)

upload_2021-2-5_17-21-56.png

upload_2021-2-5_17-21-32.png

UK more then 600,000 more cases, more then 30,000 more deaths, about 400 more serious critical, etc, etc.
Projections looks even worse:
upload_2021-2-5_17-27-35.png

upload_2021-2-5_17-28-11.png

We will shortly find out how effective the AZ vaccine is for over 65s given around 10m have now had it. I hope the EU states opting for caution don’t have too many deaths on their hand by taking longer to vaccinate.

It's thought to be around 1 month before vaccination is fully effective. Time is reckoned to increase with age. They usually reckon 3 weeks. We are in lockdown to get infections down to manageable levels so chance of infection drops as well. When levels are manageable taking into account future increases they reduce the degree of the lock down. Covid is still about so levels increase over time again. They have gained some herd immunity via this wave and lost some from earlier net effect probably very low. Some preventative methods will carry on and people who have had the jab are being told they still need to take care. Many will anyway. So real indication of what the vaccine achieves will take a while to appear. They will probably have some "well all those jabs so no need to worry" people in all age groups and from businesses. They are already getting that - vaccine passports, holiday adds showing the young enjoying themselves in the sun this summer to get people to book, passports, airlines etc. Man at the top of the 1922 lot making noises to suite business. No doubt parliament will make noises as well in the same fashion.

There are also odd balls. One person in the testing caught it in the week after having the first jab and died. Fluke happening but getting infected is. One of AZ's problems - not enough data on over 65's down to bad luck for them.

The EU's problem is lack of supply. We may well have the same problem at some point and they may stream ahead. We aren't looking good in the deaths per million population. Some EU countries are much better, some had a rather rough ride in the first wave.

We should summon their Ambassador. Oh, hang on, they haven't got one.

They have now.

The UK govt has climbed down from Johnson's spiteful and peevish attitude.

Johnson has never recognised the EU as equivalent in status to a national government but Number 10 insiders have tried to blame Raaaaab and the Foreign Office.

Unfortunately all the antagonism is from the EU.
my asre.

No doubt the EU will start letting the UK ambassador in now, so he can ask.

How's the legal case with Astra Zeneca going?

The EU has spoken with it's feet ;) more correctly with the euro and placed an enormous order with Pf saying best to put the money where the technology is.

The choice of vaccine to use in more vulnerable has another factor based on testing - mid 60's% effectiveness with modified virus and mid 90's% with mrna. It's interesting that the other modified virus has the same effectiveness as the AZ one.

Sponsored Links
Back