EU unhappy with astrazeneca

Sponsored Links
But now proved correct...Well done the UK
Pity BJ didn't display the same foresight over the NI Protocol.
34 days in, and it's proving to be a proverbial disaster.
Not that BJ had an input to the Covid vaccinations program.

It looks like what BJ doesn't have a hand in works out OK. What BJ does have a hand in works out as a complete disaster.
No wonder the Tory big wigs try to keep him out on the road doing PR appearances. It keeps him occupied doing what he likes best.

Not that BJ had an input to the Covid vaccinations program.
Course...not...that would be ridiculous, finding a link between a positive and UK govt ..Would go against the negative narrative rut you are stuck in.

Sponsored Links
Course...not...that would be ridiculous, finding a link between a positive and UK govt ..Would go against the negative narrative rut you are stuck in.
You can't deny that the NI Protocol (only required due to BJ's version of Brexit) is a mighty ongoing disaster.
Not forgetting that the Brexit promised prior to the referendum was staying in CU, which would have avoided the NI Protocol.

Let us also remember that BJ promised that technology would remove any impediments to the trade between NI and GB.
Now Gove is claiming it needs a political solution.
BJ needs to be kept out of his departmental decisions because his involvement causes further problems down the line, (just 34 days down the line. :rolleyes: )

Even the White cliffs are tumbling:
White Cliffs of Dover: Collapsing cliff side caught on camera
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-55931406
:whistle:;)

You can't deny that the NI Protocol (only required due to BJ's version of Brexit) is a mighty ongoing disaster.
Not forgetting that the Brexit promised prior to the referendum was staying in CU, which would have avoided the NI Protocol.

Let us also remember that BJ promised that technology would remove any impediments to the trade between NI and GB.
Now Gove is claiming it needs a political solution.
BJ needs to be kept out of his departmental decisions because his involvement causes further problems down the line, (just 34 days down the line. :rolleyes: )

Even the White cliffs are tumbling:
White Cliffs of Dover: Collapsing cliff side caught on camera
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-55931406
:whistle:;)
Worth it to be out of EU.Macron is even worse.

If people listen to Boris et al they will hear that there is a lot of uncertainty mentioned of late. A lot of that is down to what the vaccination program actually achieves which no one will be completely be sure of until a sizeable population is studied that has been given it. There may also be political aspects involved. On several occasions that have made statement that have proved to be a distortion of actual facts and it comes back on them rather quickly. They aren't used to that. Testing was a good example. So even Boris mentions uncertainty now.

Yesterdays brief was a lot "clearer" than usual if people bothered to watch it. Lock down end TBD. Vaccine effectiveness, expect some hospitalisation. How much pass and likely to be oxygen only. Behind this medical man is saying they may have to put up with some deaths. They also need to go down a route that they know will increase spread to some degree. Schools for one.

The next few months may give some indication of what things are likely to be like for what could be up to the next few years. Mutations are uncertain other than indirect tests show that vaccines are less effective against them but it's not possible to know what this means in relationship to a human body. Some vaccine testing seems to show that one is effective against some of them but not the vaccine we currently have, All do similar things to the immune system so hopefully all will be ok. AZ have announced they are working on a Mk2. Stretching the dose interval is based on maximising effectiveness against supply and capabilities. It looks like capabilities could be higher to me. It leaves more unknowns. Maybe having one and catching it is like having the 2nd dose. It's being done because it primes the immune system which should achieve something.

:) People understanding of how PM, cabinet ministers, advisors and civil servants all work together amazes me but the popular view suites them although this lot did mention it when Boris was ill and in Boris's case the factor they mentioned will be truer than some we have had. PM's always carry the can for their group of like minded people ; ) when they have a one. Sometimes it's incomplete. Some like mindedness may purely be down to ambition.

I think the N. I. Protocol is going to be BJs achilles heel, he seems to believe he can get away with selling N. I. sovereignty in return for a Brexit deal with the EU.

I think the N. I. Protocol is going to be BJs achilles heel, he seems to believe he can get away with selling N. I. sovereignty in return for a Brexit deal with the EU.

There is talk of moving the "boarder" onto our shores. If people listened to what hauliers are saying they would hear that most of the problems have been down to incorrect paper work when they go to pick stuff up. That should settle but still leaves the need for it.

There have also problems being reported with UK to EU but only one I have heard of. Tariffs demanded when the stuff got their. Their could be legitimate reasons for that which were ignored while we were in it.

BJ's other heel is Scotland. He is seen as a hinderance in that area as not popular there. Mrs Scotland is probably gaining from covid handling as well even if results don't differ from England's. They have done at times but very likely to be down to other reasons.

It won't help that they are still working out of temporary accommodation. As of the beginning of December 2020, they didn't have permission for any new infrastructure, and didn't know what they needed anyway.
Top civil servant Dr. Denis McMahon says DAERA has no plans for new Brexit infrastructure for physical checks at Foyle Port
https://www.derryjournal.com/busine...astructure-physical-checks-foyle-port-3054105
Yes, this is the same Denis McMahon that used to be Principal Private Secretary to former First Minister Ian Paisley.
The same Denis McMahon who took the decision to withdraw customs staff on the advice of Edwin Poots (a DUP minister) who has suddenly stepped down due to ill health.

Senior figures in Mid and East Antrim Council also had had an important role.​
A council dominated by DUP politicians.

Last edited:
most of the problems have been down to incorrect paper work when they go to pick stuff up. That should settle but still leaves the need for it.
It isn't just down to incorrect paperwork.
Quote.

Image captionAbout 200 fishermen catch around two million eels a year from Lough Neagh

Peter Wood supplied Lough Neagh from his base on the River Severn on the border of England and Wales.

But the trade ban has wiped out the Brexit-supporting businessman's markets on the continent and in Northern Ireland.

"We always thought Northern Ireland was a bit of a home market. It was a handy place to have," he said.

"We could ship glass eels from the River Severn to Lough Neagh in an hour-and-a-half, right on our door.

"Of course, now we find with the Northern Ireland Protocol, it could be in the middle of the world as far as we're concerned."

In a statement, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said due to a decision from the EU Commission, it was not possible to export glass eels to the EU.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject....www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55818519

Sponsored Links
Back