EU unhappy with astrazeneca

Lol...... Actually Bobby Jim is still on ignore. It’s just some threads make no sense unless I click on “ show ignored posts” at the bottom of the page.
To be fair Filly, if he’s paid by the post, he’s on a good whack! He gets everyone going.

Sponsored Links
Hands up who's read the contract?

Oh that will be me then..

Here it is. So people can read it and avoid relying on the press.

If you read sec 6.2 its clear who is in breach.

I just found more murk - The Times

The company agreed to disclose a redacted version of the August 2020 contract, while contesting the European Commission’s claim that supply commitments within the deal are binding.

That indicates who did the redacting and it's not unusual for commercial contracts to be confidential.

I had noticed that the EU published one contract and hoped to publish others. Nothing to do with the AZ one.

The company agreed to disclose a redacted version of the August 2020 contract, while contesting the European Commission’s claim that supply commitments within the deal are binding.

That indicates who did the redacting and it's not unusual for commercial contracts to be confidential.

I had noticed that the EU published one contract and hoped to publish others. Nothing to do with the AZ one.

And the EU forgot to remove the redactions at first try

Hands up who's read the contract?

Oh that will be me then..

Here it is. So people can read it and avoid relying on the press.

If you read sec 6.2 its clear who is in breach.

6.2 Just relates to contracts entered by the commission or on behalf of. The ambiguity seems to relate to specifically mentioning the UK plant (and any others) in one place and then using the term EU some where else. ;) Not found that one yet. The other is easy.

Sponsored Links
Irrespective of the actual wording, (which to a non-legal person is about the same), it refers to manufacturing within EU, not amounts, nor to delivery dates.

Transam is an expert in contracts :sneaky::cool: himmaginn

terms and conditions himmagin ;)

Fact is the EU made a pigs ear of it

:LOL:

Wasn't there also a claim that part of the delay was that whilst 'we' absolved AZ of liability, the EU didn't.

Why has the EU been so slow to roll out a Covid vaccination programme? | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Purchases were slowed down further as the EU insisted that liability in case of negative side-effects on health remains with pharma companies and therefore rejected early emergency authorisation. Many EU countries neither wanted nor asked for faster authorisation because of this liability issue. Pros and cons can be debated, but risk aversion in many EU countries is a fact. Anti-vaccination movements may have also added pressure on political decision-makers.

Para 14.1 of the EU/AZ contract paints a different picture. EU absolves AZ of all liability.

Sellers market.

They wouldn't have entertained making it without that clause - all of them. It's a treatment rather a lot of millions will be using rather quickly. A bit unusual.

At least all takers are in the same boat. I am already. No one has started glowing in the dark yet.

They wouldn't have entertained making it without that clause - all of them. It's a treatment rather a lot of millions will be using rather quickly. A bit unusual.

At least all takers are in the same boat. I am already. No one has started glowing in the dark yet.
Quite. Why would you make something at cost and take on massive future liabilities.

Quite. Why would you make something at cost and take on massive future liabilities.

It's proving 2 novel methods of producing a vaccine and an unredacted copy of the agreement may well show there is scope for profit as per a link I posted. That mentioned a price cap and "an end of the pandemic". It suggested that AZ set that and June or July was mentioned. This could be read as doses round one.

Who cares about profit when you have subsidised new factories springing up all over Europe.

I'm not saying the story is not true but it is not a reliable source
Filly is bathing in anti-EU stories at the moment and he's loving every minute. Some of the stuff coming from The Wail, Torygraph and Express is hilarious.

Dreamland for gammons and foreigner haters.

Sponsored Links
Back