EU will offer extension whether Johnson asks or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Is it possible to place a bet on an online gambling site regarding what, exactly, will happen when brexit falls due??

I'm only asking 'cos I learn't long ago that you just cannot trust the opinions to be found on soshal meedya or your MSM of choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just having a quick break from the music what's going on here, still bitching? :D Happy friday everyone..

Ok just having a quick break from the music what's going on here, still bitching? :D Happy friday everyone..

What music?
Bowie, ELO, Dylan, Roxy Music, Eddie & the Hotrods (he went during the week), Happy Mondays, The Doors, Beatles, Supertramp.
What's the craic festive?

Sponsored Links
Of course there is, filling out a simple form or customs declaration would be the main difference wouldn't it?
Its best that you dont stray into areas you dont understand, you might look stupid.

Oh actually your post concurs with that hypothesis. :)

Its best that you dont stray into areas you dont understand, you might look stupid.

OK Notch, put your money where your mouth is, what's the standard customs clearance procedure for a TIR load arriving by lorry from a non EU country assuming we're no longer in the EU, and how will it differ to a TIR load arriving by lorry from a non EU country if we are still in the EU. Also, tell us what TIR is and how many countries are affiliated to the system.

Maastricht Treaty, wasn't your strong point was it?

Then you will need sealed containers to and from the Republic, won't you?
They also have trackers on them, it's called technology.
Go to any port in the UK or the EU and you will see 1000's of containers arriving from all over the world without any problems.

Worse than that is that he is not ashamed to write such things and does not realise what it shows about himself.

Practice from growing up in NI, I suppose.
You could have a point, to some people I know my views would be considered Liberal.

I think filly has never met a Customs officer or an Impex Agent.
Reason could be they have all been replaced by computers.
Still need them to catch people bringing cigarettes back from Benidorm I suppose.

Of course there is, filling out a simple form or customs declaration would be the main difference wouldn't it?
Then you present those papers at the border. Yes simple - if it were not for the fact that no nation on the planet (except Bozzas World) wants there to be a border between Ireland and NI.

Hope this got through to frilly.:)

Then explain to me why there is a border between Sweden and Norway.....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41412561

Or between Switzerland and France.

Or between Turkey and bulgaria /greece.

Perhaps you should do your own research instead of relying on your entrenched view

There is difference between ' Ireland trading around the world with no problem' and 'keeping an open border into the single market'.
Actually every major island in Greece has customs. It’s a trust but verify model. They have 2000 islands and seem to make it work.

This is all very doable with current IoT and blockchain technology. But we are forgetting none of this kicks in unless we don’t have a trade deal.

This is all very doable with current IoT and blockchain technology
Bozza suggested a customs check away from the actual border and a further border in the Irish sea. When Bozza announced on national tele, during his conversation with Merkel about finding a solution to the Irish border, no one mentioned border posts.

No one has found a tech' solution to NI, it would have been suggested by now.

Last edited:
But we are forgetting none of this kicks in unless we don’t have a trade dea

Im not sure how that works.

My understanding is that if the UK become a 3rd country, then NI will have an external border to the single market.

So wouldnt the backstop kick in unless the UK stays in both single market and customs union.

This is all very doable with current IoT and blockchain technology
Unfortunately it is not doable with current technology.

OK Notch, put your money where your mouth is, what's the standard customs clearance procedure for a TIR load arriving by lorry from a non EU country assuming we're no longer in the EU, and how will it differ to a TIR load arriving by lorry from a non EU country if we are still in the EU. Also, tell us what TIR is and how many countries are affiliated to the system.

I see you are having a comprehension deficit.

The clue is in the word 'open'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back