Eunice storm damage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you suffered any?

We have a tall Bamboo plant in a pot in our garden that usually blows over at the slightest hint of wind. We're in Essex. It's still standing!

77C54438-3079-45E1-B138-0316E2AD0AC3.jpeg

How about you - any local damage?

Sponsored Links
Here in deepest Derbyshire everything is right where it should be this morning.

Is that a Lurve Shack i see at the bottom of your garden?
Nice.

Sponsored Links
Both the boys schools are closed today, teachers must not ruin their hair, so they're both at home - so that's damage to my psychological state today.

My bamboo blew over yesterday, it must have been practising.

My plastic sheet greenhouse is torn to pieces already. I put in plenty of anchors to stop it blowing away - maybe would have been better to let it fly. Hoping I tied the trampoline down enough ... put some big metal pegs in but ground soft. Things just starting to pick up a bit here in Essex. Rain coming down at the moment.

Have you suffered any?

We have a tall Bamboo plant in a pot in our garden that usually blows over at the slightest hint of wind. We're in Essex. It's still standing!

View attachment 261376

How about you - any local damage?
Might be getting worse. Bamboo's now gone over and elsewhere in Hornchurch, a trampoline has escaped!

F84935B3-6421-4217-8BB2-DC7DE03A0B73.jpeg

very high winds here near the coast , not seen any damage yet , but can hear a lot of roof/tile noise as it gusts...
No fences down yet either , although I did replace and redo them all over the lockdown years.....
still waiting
I have a weather station, where the wind sensor is not quite in the correct place, near house , and worse i have seen since having it - is around the 31mph gust, over last couple of years , now its showing 40mph gusts, highest i have seen since 2020
Also the sea (webcam for surfers) is now really bad compared to 9:00 this morning
and looking at the bbc weather app, this wind around 80mph is here till about 5pm and then back to 20mph round 10pm

Hope everybody stays safe , and do not suffer too much damage

Bang!

Gust just caused house to make a noise. Hopefully OK. Maybe best to put windows on storm catch to ease pressure ...

My greenhouse did not blow away, as some people predicted!

greenhouse.png
IMG_20220218_114819909_PORTRAIT.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back