Storm Dennis. Who's been affected?

After stepping on the scales at 21 stone about 10 years ago, I have spent the subsequent years running on and off among other things as I have lost weight, tied into meeting and marrying my wife and having 2 children.

This Sunday the hard work culminates as I run the Seville marathon, my first race at this distance. I've spent the last 16 weeks training hard to do this, over 500 miles have been logged in those weeks alone. It really is a massive step up in time and commitment compared to running a half marathon. My weight is now just under 13 stone and although I'm having massive bouts of self doubt as I am deep into my taper at the moment, I am the fittest and leanest I have been since I was a teenager at school.

The last 2 weekends have been fun out running in the storms, getting blown by Ciara was probably more enjoyable than getting blown by Dennis.

Top man

Let us know how you do (y)

Sponsored Links
Top man

Let us know how you do (y)

Just to circle this one back. I completed the Seville Marathon on Sunday in a time of 03:40. I had been training towards and aiming for 03:45 so this was a brilliant result. The whole race went pretty much to plan, I managed the pinnacle of all marathon running in achieving a negative split. The second half of my race was 1 minute 40 seconds quicker than the first half. Overall though it was quite evenly split, the last couple of miles were a bit tough as the temperature in Seville got up to 25c on Sunday so it was heating up nicely. But no disasters and I enjoyed every single minute of it.

Sponsored Links
Back