Eunice storm damage.

we still have it quite bad hear, a lull for a few hours , but back up again
50MPH on my little wind speed near the house
Fence and gate now down at back of the house

Sponsored Links
A very long wall not far from my house has come down all in one piece, including pillars.
The wall next to it which has been leaning badly for 20 years is still there :?::?::?:

Had a Clarke portable garage that has ended up

up a tree :eek:

had 3 customers today whinging that they have no heating or hot water

well Er you have no power :idea:

oh thought they were gas boilers :confused:

young generation ( tenants) hope they can remember to breath :idea:

Sponsored Links
My sis has had a power cut.....overhead TT supply and the lines are down.

My niece had all her brand new fence panels blown down......

:(

We've had very minor fence damage, (one slat of a ranch style fence), a small 2" patch of felt off my workshop and 2 small plants blown over in there pots.
Biggest problem is we have had no electricity since 3.45 so I'm having to piggy back my wifes phone for an internet signal. Weather has been quite severe so, all in all, we consider we are fortunate not to be in a worse position.

20220218_174856.jpg
20220218_174901.jpg

we still have it quite bad hear, a lull for a few hours , but back up again
50MPH on my little wind speed near the house
Fence and gate now down at back of the house

It was quite strange this morning, maybe about 11 or 12, the wind dropped off completely and there was bright sunshine, half hour later all hell broke lose again. It reminded me of the film 'Perfect storm' when a similar thing occurred and the boat skipper realised they were in the eye of the storm.

Carnage at the allotment. :rolleyes:

From this:

83639C21-23BB-4103-890F-0CB4174EA0A3.jpeg

To this:

C61F93B1-E2CD-416B-A172-7ABC82594199.jpeg

I'm going to have to rebuild my brassica nets.

9FA80C4E-9503-4042-B5F9-48298361C9E4.jpeg

Has the lawn been stripped away???
Nah, that's the path that has the grass on it. You just can't see it in the other pictures. Basically, most of the stuff on my plot was blown onto others. The flimsy plastic shed next to my shed came apart in the wind too. I knew mine would still be there as I had several bags of sand and cement and 600 litres of bagged compost in there to anchor it down.
2E1FC63D-9B9B-43A0-9FB9-E634B18D8B67.jpeg

I went to our plot today and found that some of the scaffolding boards had been intent on leaving the site.
bit messy.jpg
The other side had slept through it.
PANELS.jpg

The wind changed overnight to a sou'easter and that's taken out a fence panel in the front garden.
I'll just add that to my to-do list. *sigh*

We have a resident wood pigeon who looks to be the most miserable creature God gave breath to today; as the rain is whipping in his face no matter which way he turns in the tree. Poor blighter.

Sponsored Links
Back