European army

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the referendum any mention of a European army was called a fantasy by Remainers.

Last week President Macron said:
“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America.
“We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army.

Today Angela Merkel said:
We should work on a vision of one day establishing a real, true European army,”

Last year Juncker said:
“deference to Nato can no longer be used as a convenient alibi to argue against greater European efforts

So, the EU is set to become not just a federal state, but an empire......

Sponsored Links
During the referendum any mention of a European army was called a fantasy by Remainers.

Last week President Macron said:
“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America.
“We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army.

Today Angela Merkel said:
We should work on a vision of one day establishing a real, true European army,”

Last year Juncker said:
“deference to Nato can no longer be used as a convenient alibi to argue against greater European efforts

So, the EU is set to become not just a federal state, but an empire......
Shhhhh...........

It's lucky the UK decided to give up its seat on the council and its vote in the chamber, and its veto.

Soon we will have no influence on the EU.

Doesn't that cheer you?

Sponsored Links
Trump has only been in charge a couple of years and European leaders are already seeing Nationalism brewing. Who would have thought - an American president in bed with a Russian tyrant. Sensible stuff from our nearest neighbours and allies.

This makes me really uneasy. There is no reason as far as I can see to warrant such a thing.

Trump has only been in charge a couple of years and European leaders are already seeing Nationalism brewing. Who would have thought - an American president in bed with a Russian tyrant. Sensible stuff from our nearest neighbours and allies.

:LOL::LOL: Yep Europe can rely on the Dutch as did the inhabitants of Kosovo ;)

The French who had to be bailed out of every conflict since 1066

The Germans who would be hard pushed to muster a division ;) with or with out broom stick handles on tanks

The US have had to send there sons and daughters into conflict to bail out the Europeans since WW:2 with out them there would not be an EU . Get off the piste Noseall its causing u brain fade :LOL:

It's lucky the UK decided to give up its seat on the council and its vote in the chamber, and its veto.

Doesn't that cheer you?

Doesn't that cheer you?
Yes,greatly

I'm sure some nutter from Germany tried something similar once. Might have been something to do with Austria, Japan and Italy. Not sure.:sneaky:

It is never sensible to provoke the Russians.
Is it OK to go over there and murder Russian citizens and meddle in Russian elections and important democratic decisions....oh hang on, I might have that the wrong way around.....silly me.

Yep, talk of a European army seems sensible given Trumps' combative rhetoric towards Europe lately and his sentiments towards Russia.

Last edited:
Yep, talk of a European army seems sensible given Trumps' combative rhetoric towards Europe lately and his sentiments towards Russia.

Sensible or not we were repeatedly told it was a fantasy claim when it's always been a reality.

How much will it cost? How big will it be? Who will be in charge? Unless they are thinking of an EU version of NATO, then I'd estimate a cost of $100bn a year.

Sponsored Links
Back