European army

What is the difference between a european army and nato ? Trump?

Does anybody think we, or any other similar sizes country (europe), think we can afford, maintain and feel fully secure on our own armed forces?

Everybody aware that there are some big military superpowers, and we are not 1 of them?

Let's go it alone ? Brexit mentality!

Sponsored Links
What is the difference between a european army and nato ? Trump?

Does anybody think we, or any other similar sizes country (europe), think we can afford, maintain and feel fully secure on our own armed forces?

Everybody aware that there are some big military superpowers, and we are not 1 of them?

Let's go it alone ? Brexit mentality!

It is not Brexit mentality, its a legitimate concern that the European Union is a political union that is working towards a Federalist state.

It is not Brexit mentality, its a legitimate concern that the European Union is a political union that is working towards a Federalist state.

It is a brexit mentality.

If you accept that that mentality stands for thinking we are better off alone ! On our little ownsome!

You can of course pretend that we are big enough, strong enough, financially secure enough to be able to stand alone in this modern world, for trade and military. Or you can open your eyes.

Sponsored Links
Or you can open your eyes.

I have opened my eyes. an EU army is yet another example of a move towards a Federalist state and the end of Sovereign nations.

It is a brexit mentality.

If you accept that that mentality stands for thinking we are better off alone ! On our little ownsome!

So if I say I dont think an EU army is a good idea, you interpret that as thinking the UK is better off alone.

Yes I accept that thinking is a typical remainer narrative.

Regardless of the merits or not of a European army, we are already dependant on Europe and the US to operate as an effective force.

We have a couple of aircraft carriers (floating targets) with no effective combat aircraft, and reliant on other nations to provide a screening force of warships to try and protect said floating targets...

Much of our hardware is not fit for purpose, and we are now easing immigration rules to fill the gaps in our armed forces.
(I bet the brexshiteers love that last one :LOL:)

So pooling resources (as we already do) is the only way to keep a defence/illegal invasion force viable whilst keeping the military industrial complex happy is the only way to go...

Personally I'd rather go with Europe than with America, but I guess the right wing nut jobs hold sway at the present time...

Regardless of the merits or not of a European army, we are already dependant on Europe and the US to operate as an effective force.

We have a couple of aircraft carriers (floating targets) with no effective combat aircraft, and reliant on other nations to provide a screening force of warships to try and protect said floating targets...

Much of our hardware is not fit for purpose, and we are now easing immigration rules to fill the gaps in our armed forces.
(I bet the brexshiteers love that last one :LOL:)

So pooling resources (as we already do) is the only way to keep a defence/illegal invasion force viable whilst keeping the military industrial complex happy is the only way to go...

Personally I'd rather go with Europe than with America, but I guess the right wing nut jobs hold sway at the present time...

Ever the expert.

Had it not been for America and the Soviets there would be no EU as we know it yet you'd happily put all your eggs in one basket.

Not for me, thanks.

Better off alone? Are we building a wall and cutting the phone lines?

We don't need to hold someone's hand to get on.

So we don't need nato either then!

Military is very expensive, do you think we are better off alone ? Or better with nato? Which includes Europe!

So we don't need nato either then!

Military is very expensive, do you think we are better off alone ? Or better with nato? Which includes Europe!

Yeah because the EU and NATO are clearly the same thing. o_O

Yeah because the EU and NATO are clearly the same thing. o_O

Not as much difference as you might think.

As a defence force the more countries involved with a similar outlook, the less chance of problems, and, or erm, wars.

With just usa as our ally we are just a defence outpost, told to jump and follow orders. Nothing more! Russia, and, or any other country would have to get past us to get to the Usa east. I prefer more of a say in our defence.

it seem so to me the EU want an EU army so they can pull out of NATO

Sponsored Links
Back