Even Keir doesn’t want 'open borders' to help the NHS.

00blog110b.jpg

:confused:

Net migration is the difference between two flows. It is the number of people entering a place in a particular year, less the number of people entering a place over the course of that year. As Danny Dorling has pointed out: "Immigration rules were tightened in 1968 with the short-term effect that some 104,000 (net) left during the six years of Labour government (1964-70) and despite the mini economic boom. That exodus was reversed at the start of Ted Heath's tenure (in 1971-2), but then it flip-flopped back to a net migration of (-112,000) under Labour from 1973-9, then again at -105,000 (net) in the three Thatcher years of 1980-2 and yet again a figure of -76,000 (net) during John Major's 1990-3 recession. I point all this out in case you thought that usually more people tended to arrive than leave. In most years since 1840 that has not been the case." (22)

Sponsored Links
So you dispute the claim from the (article) that 80% of boat people come from Albania? Albania represents the single largest source of migrants. It is a tiny country with no particular reason to have asylum seekers fleeing. Why do you want to ignore this? Surely these system gamers are consuming valuable resources which could be better spent protecting genuine claimants?
Please stop being totally dishonest you are demeaning yourself.

You know very well the article does NOT claim 80% of boat people come from Albania.
It merely mentions a spurious, unsubstantiated claim made by Robert Jenrick which they quoted.

It does however confirm what I said: the right wing are obsessively focused on Albanians.

WHY? A = because you, Woody, Jenrick et al, dont want to admit majority are genuine.

There is no migrant camp on Corfu. Greece's main influx of migrants comes from Turkey and Libya. They have camps on Lesbos, Chios, Samos, Leros and Kos. I think the Albanian problem is one of recruit to order. The traffickers advertise the "trips" as a packaged service.

I was over there a few days ago moving boats, there were quite a few remnants of custom dingy boats on the NE of KOS, but they get nothing like the volume we get, despite the relatively easy crossing. The Greeks operate push back too. Outside KOS Marina there are 3 small patrol boats with 5.0 cals and triple 300hp outboards which I'm told regularly push boats back to Turkey.
It’s hardly a great surprise Albanians don’t want to go to tiny Greek Islands, which have economise based just on tourism.

Sponsored Links
Ahh so they are economic migrants after all.
"We have a lot of trouble with Germans, the French and etc migrants arriving here by small boats don't we."

Fact of life. Given where these boat people come from they are very likely to see and economic benefit from settling here.

Bet you still haven't found out why such a high proportion of Albanians are allowed to stay here.

I posted info on what went on with one aspect of this type of immigration that started happening as soon as this lot got into power. LOL Seems the ecconomy needs to grow so that we can cope with it in any fashion what so ever - along with a number of other things as well.

:ROFLMAO: So cut taxation so that we will have even more trouble dealing with a number of factors. These factors are why taxation is so high. THe NI increase - comment from a pundit - people will assume this is for the NHS - no it isn't. It''s to cover other factors as well. Mostly the increase in the numbers of economically inactive.

So you dispute the claim from the (article) that 80% of boat people come from Albanhisia?
You mean the recent summer surge? Have you counted the numbers that have returned to Albania? Though not.

Old gammon Tories desperate to point at foreigners in boats, lol.

Ive always said they are economic migrants

but unlike you I dont ignore the MAJORITY of boat arrivals that are genuine refugees
But this no longer appears to be the case. What we are now seeing is a well oiled organised crime network exploiting the hopes and dreams of young men by luring them to become gang slaves. If you read that article its pretty damming.

But this no longer appears to be the case. What we are now seeing is a well oiled organised crime network exploiting the hopes and dreams of young men by luring them to become gang slaves. If you read that article its pretty damming.
Fair point: i read that anyone from Albania has to travel through the gang networks - anyone trying to go it alone risks injury or death. Even sending gang leaders back doesn't deter them as the money is so good.

Fair point: i read that anyone from Albania has to travel through the gang networks - anyone trying to go it alone risks injury or death. Even sending gang leaders back doesn't deter them as the money is so good.

What a shame UK has decided not to have a safe and legal route.

This problem of low pay has not been helped by the proliferation of recruitment agencies that recruit solely from eastern Europe. Faiza Shaheen, the director of the Centre for Labour and Social Studies, carried out research into this issue: "At one agency, a lead recruiter was candid about the way in which the agency focused on recruiting only Polish and eastern European workers. This, she said, was in response to business demands for workers with 'a stronger work ethic'. When pushed further, she admitted that Polish workers were less likely to demand higher wages and to know the rights temporary workers were entitled to. When I spoke to local people, they were all too aware that agencies were not taking them on, and were justifiably angry. At the time I couldn’t foresee how much such outcomes – which are due to lack of employment safeguards, rather than immigration per se – would fuel anti-immigration sentiments in the years to come." (46)

So its not possible for an Albanian skilled worker to apply for a visa to work in the UK? Strange that the home office say it cost just 199 Euros.

Sponsored Links
Back