Exit sign

Maybe a bendy arrow going up then down would solve it.

Or a bendy arrow going down then up...............

Crazy world.

Sponsored Links
And what would be even more confusing if one were to put an exit sign on the door itself the arrow will point up which may seen contradictory to the sign pointing down over the door.

Fa.org have a gallery of funny ones here.
upload_2021-1-23_17-53-6.png

I cant see the difference

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-23_17-52-9.png
    upload_2021-1-23_17-52-9.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
In my opinion, when arrows are necessary/useful (as at T-junctions), they are clearly desirable. In all other situations, at best they don't really help and, at worst, they might conceivably 'do harm'.

Kind Regards, John
In France signs at crossroads sometimes point at the road to take not the direction.

Looking for an example I found this

971927_7707120-reg02-t114a.jpg

Given that we are a multicultural society now with many languages, the use of words is something that they are trying to phase out and just use symbols.

Given that we are a multicultural society now with many languages, the use of words is something that they are trying to phase out and just use symbols.

I do of course understand the why, it's just that symbols and pictograms make much less sense to me than words.

A laudable enough approach PROVIDED that it is done in such a way as to increase, rather the decrease, the number of people who can clearly understand what information is being conveyed to them. Symbols which are only fully understood by those who invented them and/or 'enforce their use' do not necessarily achieve that!

It's not a new issue .... When I was about 5 years old I had to wear a pair of ('National Health') glasses, because I "failed" an 'eye test' undertaken at school. Because we were deemed to be too young to be able to read the letters on standard "Eye Charts", instead they uses charts which had (very poor) drawings on animals on them. As I tried to explain to them, I could see all the drawings perfectly well, but some of the drawings were so bad/unclear that I could not make out which animals they were trying to depict! However, they ignored my protestations and sentenced me to 'look like a geek' for a year or so (until I was deemed old enough to be able to 'read letters') :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back