'Experienced' Tradesmen

Thanks for that?

I meant thank you for telling me something I didn't know.

the plastic pipes that he'd installed had so little resistance that they would cope easily with the 5 fittings

We see that a lot.

Is it good practice or not aj?[/QUOTE]

Hands up, I tried to clarify the reply by editing but made a real dogs dinner of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I did say do the decent thing and I'm well aware that dishonest John doesn't. I didn't know until now that you do the same.
But the system tells you! It doesn't need us to say so, as well. And how would we say so? By editing the original post, or creating a new one each time?

If you don't read/see the system messages, you can hardly blame anyone else.

Thanks for that?

the plastic pipes that he'd installed had so little resistance that they would cope easily with the 5 fittings

We see that a lot.

Is it good practice or not aj?

Hands up, I tried to clarify the reply by editing but made a real dogs dinner of it![/QUOTE]
You are usually so good at editing.. So now you have told us that you managed to get the pipe sizes wrong, what else have you got wrong? How many of these tradesmen have been wrongly accused of wrong doing just because you can't gt your facts right..

I did say do the decent thing and I'm well aware that dishonest John doesn't. I didn't know until now that you do the same.
But the system tells you! It doesn't need us to say so, as well. And how would we say so? By editing the original post, or creating a new one each time?

If you don't read/see the system messages, you can hardly blame anyone else.

I don't want to have to look to the XenForo software to tell me that you have fundamentally changed your post. The edit function is there (IMO) to Add a link or correct spellings etc. It isn't meant to be used to change the context of your post. And in any case, while it can say you have edited your post it can't say what you have edited. I want you to have told me that while I'm reading it. That's the decent thing to do.

Edit: If you write one sentence and then decide to go back and add a couple more the decent thing to do is type EDIT: And here's another sentence. Just because JD makes a habit of hiding behind the forum software doesn't mean you should.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that?

We see that a lot.

Is it good practice or not aj?

Hands up, I tried to clarify the reply by editing but made a real dogs dinner of it![/QUOTE]

It's done frequently by plumbers that aren't. There is nothing wrong with plastic provided it's sized correctly.

Bolo, it is odd how you manage to find so many poor tradesmen. Anyone can call himself a plumber, carpenter or plasterer.... If you engage them without checking then more fool you.

Errm, I take it that you asked for a price to do the jobs and decided that cheapest was best.

Perhaps Bolo has had a lot of work done over the years, and the bad jobs spring to mind more easily than the good?
Or, he's really unlucky!

Perhaps Bolo has had a lot of work done over the years, and the bad jobs spring to mind more easily than the good? Or, he's really unlucky!

Right on both counts. I have been very unlucky and I've had very few tradesmen who've done a first class job.

Perhaps Bolo has had a lot of work done over the years, and the bad jobs spring to mind more easily than the good? Or, he's really unlucky!

Right on both counts. I have been very unlucky and I've had very few tradesmen who've done a first class job.
Perhaps the better tradesmen don't want to work for you. I wouldn't

If you are well versed and competent at your trade you should have no qualms working for anyone.
Only those with doubts about their abilities or claims to skills should worry about their competence.

If you are well versed and competent at your trade you should have no qualms working for anyone.
Only those with doubts about their abilities or claims to skills should worry about their competence.
It's not about competence, I am intolerant to senile old busybodies.. I like to know what the customer wants, I recommend the best way to achieve what the customer wants and how I will achieve that goal, how long it will take, how much it will cost, then expect the customer, offspring and pets to keep out of my way...Bolo seems like the kind of customer who will stand over you and ask questions constantly.. I like to concentrate on what I am doing.. Remember I give a price for the job so time wasted on explaining what I am doing to the custard is eating into my profits

I have a good reputation so can pick and choose my customers

Fire and Ice said:
and I now reply:
F&I, if your honest and reliability as a tradesman matches that of yourself as a debater, then do you think that for one moment, I would want to hire you? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You, F&I, are a buffoon whose ridiculous behavior on this forum goes unchecked. I have always said that every classroom has its clown, and you have demonstrated that every forum can too. Can I suggest that you change your avatar to reflect your new status. I recommend this:
image.jpeg

And as conny says:

And as conny says:
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oh really .......my inner alarm has saved me many a time, there's plenty of rogue customers out there.

A doctor tried to commit fraud by deception on me, he's was actually quite thick his letter shot himself in the foot had he realised it.
But when I first got his letter I was pretty concerned in the end the HSE and corgi told him to do one.
All his windows and car were smashed up quite a time later, I told the boys not to do it.

No you should treat all, customers with respect but if I get a certain feeling then I'm too busy.

Fire and Ice said:
and I now reply:
F&I, if your honest and reliability as a tradesman matches that of yourself as a debater, then do you think that for one moment, I would want to hire you? I've said it before and I'll say it again. You, F&I, are a buffoon whose ridiculous behavior on this forum goes unchecked. I have always said that every classroom has its clown, and you have demonstrated that every forum can too. Can I suggest that you change your avatar to reflect your new status. I recommend this:
View attachment 94039

And as conny says:

Bolo this is beneath you, please don't sink to these depths you'll become like heraginn.

Come on the cosmic constant the faint Ci sequence
Fire and Ice said:
and I now reply:
View attachment 94039

And as conny says:
Bolo this is beneath you ........

Come on the fibonacci sequence ...golden section ....The cosmic constant now theSe are worth a debate not nonsense bout drilling in to walls!

Sponsored Links
Back