A very sad story and a plea for help.

Looks like the OP came here expecting confirmation of his point of view, then left with tail between legs when we asked some reasonable questions.

Sponsored Links
And lo the lord made solicitors and sprinkled them across our fair islands for situations just like these. Go get one and don't waste your time asking legal questions here!

Yee Haa partner.... Any more news on this story mortonjag, and how is your customers plea for help comming along?

Sponsored Links
So in the experiance of people who are familiar with these fittings, if the op never fitted the inserts would it have taken 5 months to leak or would it have never sealed and leaked instantly?

No simple answer to how long it takes to leak, I did some work in a kitchen last year. A couple of the cold (mains) fittings had obviously been dripping for a while, as I disturbed the pipe another fitting started running, turned out no inserts had been used and the house is 5 years old. The whole house has now been checked and repaired under NHBC.

I feel as if i need to reply to Mortonjags posts!!!

The reason he no longer posts is he is BANNED for being a tube!!!

Any forum he goes on he abuses people and acts as if he knows everything.
Knows all but masters none type of thing.
He sues people if he thinks they are asking the wrong sort of questions and keeps me in work..which is a good thing.

Anyway, back to suing people

toodlepip

Well... THAT was an interesting read. An English teacher would be proud, a proper beginning, middle and end.

There are some similar situations ocurred with my father. He is a DIY carpentry over 30 years. He always does work for the persons he knows well. But still some people dont give him money. I thank a contact is very important for deal, whether you are a trademan or not.

Excuse my ignorance in diy, but could someone tell me what is an insert and what does it do? Since a new combi boiler is installed last Sept., there has been a couple of leaks in the kitchen, has it got anything to do with insert?

Dottie

Excuse my ignorance in diy, but could someone tell me what is an insert and what does it do? Since a new combi boiler is installed last Sept., there has been a couple of leaks in the kitchen, has it got anything to do with insert?

Dottie

It's a small, rigid piece of plastic or metal that fits inside the inner diameter of a piece of plastic pipe where it meets the fitting, as well as slightly covering and adding a chamfer to the edge. It helps avoid damage to the O-ring in the fitting due to a poorly prepared pipe (but that's no excuse not to prepare the end properly) and helps stiffen the area of pipe that's held by the grab ring in pushfit fittings.

There are some similar situations ocurred with my father. He is a DIY carpentry over 30 years. He always does work for the persons he knows well. But still some people dont give him money. I thank a contact is very important for deal, whether you are a trademan or not.

To deal with a friend is fair do, but when the phrase 'A friend of a friend' comes into it, you are on dodgy ground. As I recently experienced. Best left alone.

That post was made 140 days ago, do you not have anything better do do?

Is a thread on an open forum, always an open question? Unless the Op posted 'SORTED!', so why do you hound me and chase me, like some form of forumhound, to correct or adjust me? DO DO YOU not have anything better to do do? as you put it?

Are you the admin / police of the forum? Do Do you not have anything better to do do yourself?

Post answers - not insults! please do do. If you are that bored then please attempt to answer a problem, rather than insult a member.

You don't respond to the poster, or add to the post, but simply insult a poster that responded to the origional question. That makes you a troll. Why troll?

Sponsored Links
Back