Extending a lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

A quick question,

I am building an extension, and i coming up to first fix stage. So am think ing about extending the lighting circuit.

The upstairs room will have a couple of lights, ensuite light , fan, shaver, heated mirror, light in a cupboard.

Is the best way to take a spur of one of the lights near the cut through into the extension.

Or
do i break the radial , and ring it around the extension, and then back to the light fitting.

Current cable is 1.5mm t&E on a 3 bed semi.

The BCO will be signing of all the work, re part p bathrooms etc...

Thanks in advance.
A

Sponsored Links
You've obviously spoken to the LABC and explained that you will be doing the work. What did you say to them?

I basically said i would do the first fix, he just nodded and said no problems, and said he would get the testing guys round when i was ready.

Intuitively i think splitting the radial and extending it around the extension, and then bringing it back and reconnecting it, is the best option, as the circuit is still a radial, but potentially this is a bit more work.

I was a bit worried as it appeared like a spur of a spur doing it the other way..
A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back