extending ladders

Just remove one of the extensions if you dont need it.
30’ is bloody high, and youll need muscles like Popeye to extend the ladders so far.
When I were a lad.....my dad would hold the base ladder firmly, and pretty close to vertical. I’d then shin up the thing, pushing the extension as I went. Worked too!
John :)

The other way, if you have space, is to extend to the height needed laid on the ground, then an helper stands at the base of the ladder(just to act has a weight), whilst the other lifts what will become the top end and gradually walks forward lifting the ladder to meet his helper. You can even use the base of a building, the right angle to the ground, instead of a helper to raise a ladder.

Sponsored Links
The other way, if you have space, is to extend to the height needed laid on the ground, then an helper stands at the base of the ladder(just to act has a weight), whilst the other lifts what will become the top end and gradually walks forward lifting the ladder to meet his helper. You can even use the base of a building, the right angle to the ground, instead of a helper to raise a ladder.
Yep, we've done that one too.....trouble is, I'm on my own most of the time :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

On everyone's excellent advice I am going to buy the Lyte ELT340 and because it's easier for me I am going to buy it from Amazon.

However, I understand that the Lyte website is saying that the EN131 standard has been improved and is now E131-2 and the ELT340 ladder is now being called NELT340.

Is this "new" and if I buy it will I get the new standard and how do I know?

Thanks for help

Last edited:
Amazon are not the vvendor just a facilitator . Ask the vendor.

I attach a copy from the Lyte website

Is this old info or is it yet to be done?

Thanks

Attachments

• Lyte ladder changes.pdf
    193.5 KB · Views: 146
It looks as though that is now their standard so I would imagine any ladders they now supply conform to these standards.
There will be a label on the side of the ladders stating what standard they are and what regulations they comply to.
You seem to be getting very agitated about getting the right ladders yet, to my knowledge, you haven't given anyone sufficient information as to how high they need to be and the competency of the person who will be using them. If you are buying them for a contractor to use on your property then I would suggest getting a contractor who has his own equipment, that way you are not liable he uses the wrong equipment or his equipment is faulty.
If you are doing this on behalf of a business, then again, you need to ask the people who will be using it to specify what they need.
If they are for yourself then I would question if you are actually capable of carrying out the task if you don't know what correct equipment you need.
Sorry to sound blunt but this could have been resolved if you had asked the correct questions to begin with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back