Extending ring mains from summerhouse to pergola area.

I was thinking of using this for the 2.5mm2 T&E cable in the PVC box, then SWA cable on the opposite side with glands/nut.Is this okay ?
TLTEG1.jpg

Sponsored Links
No problem with that, if the box is likely to be exposed at any time, it might be an idea to fill the ends of the cable glands, where the cable enters, with a smear of weather proof silicone sealer. This makes a lovely water-tight seal in case the worst happens, and it is also easy to relove the cable if required.

I noticed the TLC direct do not do 6 core in SWA (2.5mm), any reason for this ?

Probably no reason to stock it.

Try Newey and Eyre locally to you, forget the web as their site has been offline since Hagemeyer took them over two years ago.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Many thanks, not near sunny Southeeeeeeeend are ya ! :LOL:

I used to live on Chalkwell Esplanade, near the junction with Chalkwell Avenue.

There is a Newey and Eyre in Basildon.

FWL_Engineer said:
Blimey, I'm just round the corner ! Hey, why not pop down to see your old place again then on the way back do my wiring. :LOL:

As my Yorkshire school mates used to say "There's nowt like cheek!"

Right next question :)

I need to run approx 2m 13amp flex cable across my concrete patio and want to buried it in the ground to prevent trip hazard plus making it look tidy. I understand you have to have a minimum depth but in this case I can't.I have 75mm concrete on top of 400mm hardcore, can I just grind out a channel approx 75mm deep and buried a cable conduit in and topped up with new concrete with red cement highlighting the wire is under there. Is this okay ?

What heavy duty conduit would you recommend ?

masona said:
FWL_Engineer said:
Blimey, I'm just round the corner ! Hey, why not pop down to see your old place again then on the way back do my wiring. :LOL:

Blooming cheek..:D

Actually I go down there quite a bit..bit not to get grubby on a patio :)

masona said:
Right next question :)

I need to run approx 2m 13amp flex cable across my concrete patio and want to buried it in the ground to prevent trip hazard plus making it look tidy. I understand you have to have a minimum depth but in this case I can't.I have 75mm concrete on top of 400mm hardcore, can I just grind out a channel approx 75mm deep and buried a cable conduit in and topped up with new concrete with red cement highlighting the wire is under there. Is this okay ?

What heavy duty conduit would you recommend ?

Question..why does it need to be flexible cable?

FWL_Engineer said:
Question..why does it need to be flexible cable?
13 amp flexible cable (which is supplied by the hot tub company) running from the spa hot tub approx 2m run along the concrete and 2m up to underneath of the summerhouse roof soffit via MK waterproof socket.

Also I took your advice using 4 core SWA for extending my ring mains.

TLC Direct or Newey & Eyre don't supply 6 core SWA but they can get 7 core SWA if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Blimey Breezer, you must be a mind reader :!: That's exactly the same box and size I've bought from TLC yesterday :!: I got a feeling you lot are watching me very closely just round the corner somewhere :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back