Extension cost.

My approach is that I have drawings, but some detail is worked out as we go. But I pay the brickie by the day, not a fixed price for the job. So he doesn't need to bill me for his time spent thinking about it. Also if I make the job more complicated then he gets more money without us needing to waste time haggling about it. Keep life simple, spend time doing the job rather than thrashing out legalities. On the other hand if I set up things for him, move bricks to where they're needed etc then I pay less. It works well, but it needs trust and honesty on both sides.
I don't know anyone who would go for that, if I went to price a rewire and the bloke wanted me to do it on a day rate and help (hinder) me I'd be gone like a shot, never to be seen again.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top