External sounder alarming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recent refit of hard wired burglar alarm system. 2 boxes one at front one at back. One at back changed front one was presumed to be a dummy. This ‘dummy’ box has started alarming, nothing on panels and nothing internally. I now presume this can’t possibly be a dummy box but why is it alarming? Please help

Sponsored Links
Water damage / corrosion, faulty / misaligned tamper switch , if it is the tamper switch then it's not been installed correctly as it should show on the panel

how longs a piece of string....

firstly, the front bell you suspect was a dummy, isn't a dummy, I would be surprised that it would be sounding if it wasn't getting power from the panel originally. Pre refit

Refit means new components or taken down and put back up?
So how long from the refit to the front bell sounding?
What bell box's do you have front and back?
What panel they are on?

also did you refit this or an installer.

for example some 2 or more bells are wired back to the panel, but some may be wired as one from the panel to the bell and then from that bell to the next bell.

This was installed by a company which I’ve obviously got in touch with. They were convinced it was a dummy and didn’t touch it. New PIRs, new panels and new back Bell, they used the old wiring.
They think I was hearing a neighbours alarm but when I set and unset my alarm it stopped. Nothing was showing on the panel and no internal noise. I wanted some idea of how this could happen to give weight to my argument to get them to look at this front ‘dummy’ box.

Sponsored Links
well if your convinced I would find out where you stand by contacting the CAB.

as for the issue itself, can you test the bell and strobe and confirm the front bell responds?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back