extra socket in garage

Sponsored Links
To be fair, if you are mounting adjacent to strong horizontal or vertical lines, it makes sense to follow the line rather than the level, otherwise it looks out even when it's true!

Ban-all-sheds,
Just out of curiosity Pal, in the first image of the Wylex x 7 RCBO board - how come the all the neutrals are extended in blocks?
Thanks
Buba

They are crimps. The RCBO neutral leads are fine stranded.

4807658.jpg

Sponsored Links
i am an engineer and have worked with architects so have a neurotic eye for things lining up
Garage wiring:

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/not-picture-of-the-week-™.149585/ - also includes one of a number of discussions there have been about aligning screw slots.

And don't look inside your CU.

full

full

full

great!!
i can sleep tonight knowing that somewhere in this world are neurotics as well

lpr_01.jpg

in my shipbuilding days i used to see a lot of wiring like this
i would be in the bilges bolting up sea water pipes...

thanks...could i use several metres of lead cased cable i have collected, not too many nail holes in it.. in my garage then
its so easy to do earthing, just tape on some fuse wire over at joints...every section of cable then is protected and one can change fuse ratings accordingly

??

To be fair, if you are mounting adjacent to strong horizontal or vertical lines, it makes sense to follow the line rather than the level, otherwise it looks out even when it's true!

exactly so...more so even for kitchen cabinets in bungalows with sunken foundations
my last house

Indeed. Spirit levels are useless in my house, unless one wants everything to look wonky!

Kind Regards, John

It was - you did say neutrals.

As for the lines, they must have been extended because they were too short.
It was - you did say neutrals.

As for the lines, they must have been extended because they were too short.

thanks. i just wondered as the lines *appeared* to be straight from the t&e and the neutrals were not. hey ho!

It was - you did say neutrals. ... As for the lines, they must have been extended because they were too short.
thanks. i just wondered as the lines *appeared* to be straight from the t&e and the neutrals were not. hey ho!
The wires extended in the blocks look brown (line) to me, not blue (neutral) - or am I missing something (or going colour-blind)?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back