Extra socket in shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2021-1-31_15-20-26.jpeg
upload_2021-1-31_15-20-50.jpeg
upload_2021-1-31_15-21-21.jpeg
Hello Everyone,

I simply want to add an extra twin socket in shed. The existing socket is I believe a fused spur, taken from kitchen.
I have 2 simple questions:
- Is the current set up (see pictures) ok?
- can I extend directly from FCU or socket?

thank you so much for your support and feedback.
upload_2021-1-31_15-20-26.jpeg

upload_2021-1-31_15-20-50.jpeg

upload_2021-1-31_15-21-21.jpeg

Sponsored Links
So, is there a fused connection unit in the house feeding the supply to the shed?

In other words, is that fused connection unit in the picture just feeding the lights?

If you pull the fuse out, do just the lights go out or do the sockets go off too?

Thank you @securespark, 2 lights (the 2x 25mm grey cable you see shouting up in trunking) and obviously the plug socket are fed from the house.
I did not try to pull fuse yet but will certainly do and share the outcome.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
@chivers67 , Thank you! Pretty certain the circuit does not have RCD protection. Will double check though.
Thank you.
Do you call SWA the black sleeve cable coming into the plug?

Yes, SWA Steel Wire Armoured - in your shed the sockets need to have RCD protection. You could do a few things - Change the Fused connection unit for an RCD type or have RCD sockets in the shed. You can add another socket in your shed as it's protected by the 13A fuse. Though the Circuit should not have too much equipment all being used at the same time to avoid overloading it.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/electric...rcd=rcd&cm_sp=managedredirect-_-rcdfusedspurs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back