"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system is set up to activate with any jamming occurring for 30 seconds.

This means anyone jammimg a system in order to enter a property would set off the alarm anyway.

Going on Friedlands 30 second allowance this would mean the alarm would activate at around the same time that most systems have on entry delay anyway.

If you wish to say that shorter lengths of jamming not long enough to set off the alarm may cause a problem then how would that be as the sensors would come back on stream and report. It seems the manufacturers have considered the possible problems and have come up with a viable workaround.
The Friedland system looks for repeated shorter bursts of jamming too with 10 seconds being the trigger point if 3 such events occur within 5 minutes. With any shorter periods of jamming then its not an issue as the sensors will get the ample opportunities to report.

What would be interesting to know is in the monitored systems S21 mentioned how long the jamming occured for or what the parameters are for the pro systems.

Sponsored Links
Just as an update and adding further doubt on Europlanks previous dubious post.

I have just set up a Yale system at home as a test bed and spent half an hour pressing every car remote I had available ie both sets for my car and both sets for my wifes and despite various different techniques from holding individual ones down for a full minute and even holding two at once down and various other timed presses I just could not in any circumstances illicit a jamming response from the siren.

Nor incidentaly have i ever had a client report that the alarm has activated when the car remote was used.

Jus thought I would lay that one to bed.

So in a random poll (Excuse the pun). 2 out of 5000 different remotes had no effect.

That is a well thought out and varied poll you have undertaken there. Who would have thought it could be so accurate.

Someone please explain frequencies to this gentleman.

Sponsored Links
yaleguy3";p="2350832 said:
Nor incidentaly have i ever had a client report that the alarm has activated when the car remote was used.

again thats not the problem been discussed - try and activate a device while pressing your car alarm button, see if it still triggers.

not every system will!

you seem to be confusing jamming with background radio noise

This means anyone jammimg a system in order to enter a property would set off the alarm anyway.

Going on Friedlands 30 second allowance this would mean the alarm would activate at around the same time that most systems have on entry delay anyway.

Taken to the extreme and beyond maybe, but...

1. Switch on Jamming 'machine'
2. Break into house and activate all sensors
3. Within 30 secs of above switch off jamming machine
4. Rape house while sensors are 'sleeping'
5. Rinse and repeat for profit.

Plausible, or not?

Jibbeh";p="2350939 said:
yaleguy3";p="2350730 said:

Plausible, or not?

plausible, even more so if you have fixed threasholds

now use two way wireless so no sleep time to get over this problem

The sensors don't sleep just because they sense movement initially they continue to report movement for a minute or so after the first detection so you plan would not quite work as it would be like spinning plates when one sensor finally slept you would have to go back to the other room where the sensor would be live again ... you get the picture er rinse and repeat oh and remember all this time you would be in the home after the alarm had just sounded for 10 minutes... I think 100% of burglars would just choose a house without an alarm rather than play comedy hour while the neighbours and or police arrive.

So in a random poll (Excuse the pun). 2 out of 5000 different remotes had no effect.

That is a well thought out and varied poll you have undertaken there. Who would have thought it could be so accurate.

Someone please explain frequencies to this gentleman.

The understanding posted by Bernard was the recievers were potentially picking up a larger spectrum of frequencies if the recievers were not high quality. Car remotes have to work in the same range by law therefore any car remote has the potential to jam a system according to the theory.

In practice however...

Just as an update and adding further doubt on Europlanks previous dubious post.

I have just set up a Yale system at home as a test bed and spent half an hour pressing every car remote I had available ie both sets for my car and both sets for my wifes and despite various different techniques from holding individual ones down for a full minute and even holding two at once down and various other timed presses I just could not in any circumstances illicit a jamming response from the siren.

Europlex made no dubious post.
He quoted a post on another forum by a member, all in publi and nothing to hide. Hardly a figment of his imagination now is it.

And why has Friedland crept onto the scene?

Thought they were good for doorbells only.

yaleguy3";p="2350968 said:
The sensors don't sleep just because they sense movement initially they continue to report movement for a minute or so after the first detection .

really?

As we know Yale has little understanding of what he fits.

This is an excerpt from the Yale Premium Family manual:

The PIRs will sleep for 1 minute after reporting.
Any movement detected in sleep time will not be
reported and will extend the sleep period by a
further 1 minute.

So in theory you could "Jam" the detection and then spend a whole day running about in front of it.

Not really inspiring is it?

Plausible, or not?

Would not work.
1. would set off the alarm.
2. Do you mean break in while the panel was being jammed in which case the sensors would not go to sleep if they could not report
3. And the still live sensors would activate the alarm
4. What while the alarm was sounding?
5. rinse and repeat for jail sure fill your boots.

Are you not reading what you write?

#Then
would set off the alarm.

So would it or not?

And you have not commented on the quote from the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back