"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used them, goes with the territory, to condemn them for the purpose they were being used for.
My expertise your calling into question is over 30 years in the security industry watching it evolve, assisting developers with beta testing and watching early RF systems come along. Seen the drawbacks and assisted along with colleagues to have the graded kit where it is now.
I have fitted more systems and worked on many varied ones than you could imagine and still consult when required. So on that basis alone I know a little bit more than you do. And that is being generous.

Your answer has not even commented on the quote from the manual about "sleep" times.
Are you saying Yale print off thousands of these knowing they are wrong?

Are you saving that a RF detector does not go to sleep after its activation? If so how does one last so long ( Battery wise) in a busy environment?
Even graded systems have a sleep period, but with ~TWO WAY comms. The big difference you also seem to miss.
You again avoid the technical aspects and give your "assumptions".

If the system is jammed and a detector is activated it will in the case of the Yale "go to sleep" and whilst in this mode if disturbed every 40 seconds would not activate. BUT BY THIS TIME IT COULD BE COVERED AS IT HAS NO ANTI MASK FACILITY. SO WOULD BE NOW AS USEFUL AS A CHOCOLATE KETTLE.
So in that case if someone had the inclination and wanted something from a certain room this could easily achieved.
Then again I would hope someone with anything worth this effort to be stolen would have had a competent risk assessment done in the first place and discounted the Yale. Even the insurers would.

You really should be more aware of what you work with and pertain to be an "expert" with.

You can also "front end overload" any RF device ;)

Sponsored Links
Hmm so now you claim not to be registered with a company??

I said if I were registered with Yale, the company in question as a verified and trained installer. Something your not now apparently.

You really are having difficulty understanding things are you not?
Same as percentages, given to you in a easy to read form, yet you still struggle.

What my company name is and or anything else has nothing to do with you and I certainly do not need to act the goat on You Tube.

You mention the fact Yale may be upset because I quote freely from their public website, You make yourself look even more silly post by post.

Again you try and twist words to suit yourself to try and regain face.

As it happens anti mask is used on some G2 as it is felt necessary, and the panels are capable of grade swaps. Something else you did not know.

Good luck with the Police, make sure you show them this http://www.yale.co.uk/Yale/Yale_co_uk/FAQ/Alarm web gen questions.pdf where Yale offer links to defaulting their systems and the items I posted earlier here FREE OF CHARGE FOR ALL TO SEE.

If Yale think it is fine to give away freely, where is it that you can say anything different?

My alleged reprint is from the alleged website that Yale allegedly advertise to be their allegedly their own.

Even our new "contributer" seems to have a better mathematical and knowledge of RF than you.

PS nice edit
and 56% are at night meaning the occupants are upstairs in bed while the home is being rifled and anything NOT LOCKED AWAY will get filched hence Fit a SAFE

Last edited by yaleguy3 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/alarms...ss-alarm-systems.317938/page-14#ixzz1qiRwLvSx

But you know your error was made, one of many hence the edit. Note we have not had to edit our words. As we have nothing to hide.

"Statistics from the Home Office 56% of these cases there is someone at home at the time of the crime."

http://tellittothestars.com/2012/02/burglary-in-the-uk/[/QUOTE]

Like I said MOST occur when the home is unoccupied :rolleyes:

Are you for real bubba? Do the maths. :rolleyes:

SEE the edit read the whole article - 56% are burgled at night and 57% are when the occupants are in - in other words the theives rummage round downstairs while the occupants are asleep upstairs... hence fitting a safe.

Yes I noticed your back peddle on the sly ;)

But you said

Just thought I would mention 'despite having no security qualification' :rolleyes: that most burglaries occur when the occupants are not there and therefore having stuff locked away safely is a far far better solution than any alarm system even if it is monitored with a police urn because the Police have no actual obligation to attend.

If they have an alarm system in would alert them to an intruder but still doesn't get you out of the claim most are done when the home is empty.

Sponsored Links
Its okay go back 6 posts, my quote of his timed and date stamped shows he changed this line to cover his failings.

I think they had better stop talking about router weaknesses too on the Electrical forums. You never know........................

What sort of safe would you recommend? Its cash and jewellery ratings? Key, single or double bitted? Code or both? Why are some not allowed?
What fixings to use? And why?
Would it need fire rating and for how long? How is it tested?
Can you store guns and ammunition in the same room/safe/home?
If so what type?
What are re-lockers? How are they activated? How many on a safe you fit?

Just a few questions for our newly declared safe fitter.

Alarm";p="2352002 said:
usual rubbish...

At the end of the day whether bits and bats were out in the public domain or not you pulled everything together to in your eyes paint the picture of how to technically defeat a burglar alarm.

As a professional there are no valid excuses for those actions..

stop blowing hot air. You were wrong. End of!

You can also "front end overload" any RF device

at last, someone else understands why I have been banging on about thresholds - does yaleguy though?

SEE the edit read the whole article - 56% are burgled at night and 57% are when the occupants are in - in other words the theives rummage round downstairs while the occupants are asleep upstairs... hence fitting a safe.

makes me laugh, the number of trade can`t spell THIEVES correctly, anyhow, tell me Mr Security Expert, do I put my 48 inch plasma in the safe every time I goto bed or just at weekends?

What sort of safe would you recommend? Its cash and jewellery ratings? Key, single or double bitted? Code or both? Why are some not allowed?
What fixings to use? And why?
Would it need fire rating and for how long? How is it tested?
Can you store guns and ammunition in the same room/safe/home?
If so what type?
What are re-lockers? How are they activated? How many on a safe you fit?

Just a few questions for our newly declared safe fitter.

Oh for FS don't you ever give your gums a rest.
Cash 2000 jewellery 20000 , double bitted with code.
Fixed with rawbolts into brick or stone. Fire rating 60 minutes and no I don't get involved with gun safes.

Just give your ego a rest you utter plank.

So a standard safe is fire rated? Wrong. So wrong. How and why are they tested? No answer I see.
Codes are not accepted for certain risks. I did give you the options.
Rawlbolts are the only option? Nope. I did give you the chance to say otherwise.

As you mentioned this other field, I assumed you knew what was required.

I do not type with my gums.

Name calling is as always a poor alternative to not being able to explain yourself.

makes me laugh, the number of trade can`t spell THIEVES correctly, anyhow, tell me Mr Security Expert, do I put my 48 inch plasma in the safe every time I goto bed or just at weekends?
And would that be the 'police approved' safes he sells/fits??

Oh, hang on, seems they ain't police approved at all.

Oh dear, YG3 misleading people yet again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back